autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What order of wolfgang products?

I have a 2018 toyota Corolla and I want to get some Wolfgang con our series products to detail the car, so what order do I go about this, Iike the polish enhancer, a d ghe 3.0 sealant , wax ect... I need to know what to get and what order, the paint is new no scratches, I always shampoo, then clay block it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What order of wolfgang products?

Since it is a new car with little to no scratches you should probably go in the order of Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and then your favorite carnauba wax. The finishing glaze is really a fine polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking like the polisher enhancer, finishing glaze, then the sealant 3.0, or would I need the enhancer?

Post Thanks / Like

The Polish Enhancer, not sure what that will do, and keep in mind that Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is not in fact a Glaze, but an ultra fine finishing polish.

The effects brought out from the Finishing Glaze are very minute because it is so fine a Polish. These effects can only be best realized and brought out with a D//A Polisher, and still just very minor gloss enhancement for that very last bit of gloss prior to a protectant applied. By hand you won't see much of anything perhaps except for some bit of cleansing of the paint. But in any case you won't be hurting your finish if you use it.

If you should be able to Clay without incurring any damage such as minor sleeks, then I'd say go directly to WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and you're done!

WGDGPS 3.0 really needs nothing over it, it looks killer all on its own, dripping wet gloss. To keep the look uo, I'd consider a good Detailer Spray, on the cheaper side could be a product such as Duragloss Aquawax, very nice, great bang for the buck, good as a drying aid also.

A little more expensive, then choose a Detailer Spray from Wolfgang, or another great one is Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

For vinyl trim, and all rubber weather-stripping, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS) is superb. A little pricey, but worth the money, a little goes a long way, it dries to the touch, won't run or streak with washings or rains, and it lasts quite a long time.

Seems another nice trim dressing product that many people are also liking is Aerospace 303 Trim Restorer. Never tried it but some seem to speak very highly of it as well.

WETS is a little expensive to be using on Tires though. For Tires, Optimum Opti-Bond Gel, or Optimum Tire Shine are both excellent products, and you can trust any of the Auto-Geek House brands as WG, Blackfire, McKees, Pinnacle as well, not a dud in any of these product's lines no matter what you buy.

The Optimum Tire products would also be safe to use on weathestrip as well, are water based.

Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS 3.0 is the kind of product where you'll love how easy it comes off. And you'll really be wowed by the high gloss appearance. But wait, 3.0 looks great after application but it does look even better with some curing time hours later.

3.0 should be applied in the shade on cool paint, let sit 40-45 minutes after application before removal, then do not wet or expose to rain for minimum 12 hour's time so it can fully cure to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

kinda need to know what type of paint first...is it single stage white..which is hard or soft paint.like black.

toyota single stage white...uber compound then finishing glaze ..then the sealant.

if soft paint like toyots black...and car is new ...wg swirl remover then the FG to mirror out the paint..then sealant..

id skip out on that toher thing you mentioned and buy iron x instead to decon the paint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglofish61 View Post
    I was thinking like the polisher enhancer, finishing glaze, then the sealant 3.0, or would I need the enhancer?
    The polish enhancer is a pre-wax cleaner that does similar to Finishing Glaze but without correcting any swirls. For your new paint I would recommend the Finishing Glaze for minor correction, but if the price is too steep for you at this time, the pre-wax cleaner should at least be used to deep clean.