autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uber as QD and Drying Aid

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Right on. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re getting it for use with WG Uber stick with the Red 1 and not the Black 1. I say this based off the advice I got before I ordered mine from a fellow AG member saying he had a bad experience with the metal tipped black sprayer not lasting very long. So far the tips on mine haven’t shown any negative signs.

I also got tired of the constant hand spraying. It’s even worse when doing wheels & tires because you know how it is... And you have to spray quite a bit non stop on 2 tires at a time. [I do 2 tires at a time] So when I made the decision to go back to using D143 there was no way I was going to cheat myself and not treat myself to another 1 of these sprayers.Uber as QD and Drying Aid

A friend of mine came by this past weekend on his way to a car show and wanted advice on how to quikly clean the dust off the car from having sat under a car cover for a couple of weeks... I told him we could take care of that real quik, pulled out the Kwazar and sprayed the entire side of the car, and while I began wiping it down I had him spray the other side of the car. His 1st words after using it were “damn this things pretty nice, you just got this”?

This is the car, this picture was taken another day when I rinseless washed it with WG Uber.

It’s completely dirty in this pic.

50/50 after rinseless wash.

No I don’t. From the little I remember seeing they seem a bit larger? If so I’m not really into the idea of a sprayer requiring 2 hands to use.

As far as 1 of these that foams? You couldn’t pay me to use it. I make sure to keep my sprayer that holds D143 to more of a med. stream otherwise it’ll make foam out of it and IMO it’s a completely negative experience because it goes through product faster than a fish drinks water + the foam, while it does sort of cling, it also seems to mostly be alot of air bubbles and not all lathered product like I would’ve imagined. I did like it a bit when I sprayed it like foam on big truck wheels & tires, but on every other vehicle I simply want it to spray liquid.
    That is impressive with the side-by-side before/after shot.

I have a friend who doesn't have access to a hose or wash area and I keep trying to convince him to give rinseless a try, just like you did with me. He always says, "Yeah, whatever" and I sent him links to some nice youtube videos, too. I even prepared a 16 oz bottle of Uber that would give him and he is still worried about swirls (BMW, black paint) and deviating from his ritual.

I wonder how many other lurkers are here like I was that just haven't given it a try. The way I got started with the QD route. I started hitting my car with generous amounts of QD and came to the realization that this might actually work without swirling the paint. Then, a 25% sale happened, I thought to myself, heck, now is as good a time as ever and I ordered the gallon Uber rinseless, mixed up a batch and did the whole RS in under 20 minutes and was amazed and convinced it is a good option. The only difference is that it doesn't wash all of the dust and cruft from the nooks and crannies as well as a good burst of water from a nozzle AND it doesn't wash around the edges of the glass and rear view mirrors as well as a blast of water does, either. I still plan to do normal maintenance washes with the hose but the rinseless route is always there when I'm short of time.

2. Likes Maxreed241, acuRAS82, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uber as QD and Drying Aid

@Route246. Yea you’re right about the nooks & crannies, and the glass too.. I tend to sort of dislike doing the glass sometimes when doing a waterless/rinseless for the same reason that I know it’ll render my towels super caked with dirt and there’s only so much I can bare to look at. Lol.
    Squeegees and multi purpose microfibers come in handy as they’re good for the initial pass to do the grunt work on glass, leaving your dedicated towel for the final spot free glass cleaning. It’s good to have 1 or 2 multi purpose microfibers available to wipedown certain areas such as rocker panels and bumpers, and those other areas where you’d rather not have to use your better towels on.

Best of all, waterless/rinseless washing gives you the freedom to be as insane as you’d like without having to bother anyone else or even turn the water spigot on.Uber as QD and Drying Aid
    You have the freedom to simply walk into your garage after dinner while enjoying a cold beverage and wipedown your car in no time without having to waste anywhere near the time and energy that a normL bucket wash entails.Uber as QD and Drying Aid

4. Likes Maxreed241, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uber as QD and Drying Aid

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @Route246. Yea you’re right about the nooks & crannies, and the glass too.. I tend to sort of dislike doing the glass sometimes when doing a waterless/rinseless for the same reason that I know it’ll render my towels super caked with dirt and there’s only so much I can bare to look at. Lol.
    Squeegees and multi purpose microfibers come in handy as they’re good for the initial pass to do the grunt work on glass, leaving your dedicated towel for the final spot free glass cleaning. It’s good to have 1 or 2 multi purpose microfibers available to wipedown certain areas such as rocker panels and bumpers, and those other areas where you’d rather not have to use your better towels on.

Best of all, waterless/rinseless washing gives you the freedom to be as insane as you’d like without having to bother anyone else or even turn the water spigot on.Uber as QD and Drying Aid
    You have the freedom to simply walk into your garage after dinner while enjoying a cold beverage and wipedown your car in no time without having to waste anywhere near the time and energy that a normL bucket wash entails.Uber as QD and Drying Aid
    Excellent point regarding just walking into the garage and hitting the paint after dinner. I did just that tonight. It's almost therapeutic to be able to do this. You don't even need to do the whole car if it is relatively clean already. Sometimes I just want to hit the hood and roof so I can finish it with a spray wax. Just like a woman freshening up her makeup, I guess. LOL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12