autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed for Such a Expensive Product

One fair point that may or may not have any impact on the results of this is that I purchased this product a little over a year ago but only was able to use it yesterday. It was never opened, still in the cellophane wrapping. I wanted this product to provide better protection for a custom hand paint job that does not have any clearcoat.

1. The syringe did not have 15cc, it was more like 13 to 14cc. There was no evidence that it had leaked, in fact I had to use pliers to remove the cap. This became an issue in that I was not able to complete my Ford F150 truck and was related to another issue (see #2).
    2. The product was very difficult to release from the syringe even after cutting the opening more than I though should be required considering how little product was supposed to be used.. I had to use what I would consider extreme effort just to get it to dribble out.
    3. Since I had to use such force to get the product out, there were a few times it "released" and squirted a bunch extra and wasted a lot of the product.
    4. Due to the above issues, I don't think I was able to evenly coat the vehicle well.
    5. Probably due to 1-4, I ran out before I finished the last wheel. With the statement that this should be good for 3 sedan's I would have expected to have a little extra.

I need to do my Nissan NVP Van now and will probably need to use the 30cc but I am questioning if I should or look for something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disappointed for Such a Expensive Product

Maybe I missed it...but what product are you referring to?

3. Likes zmcgovern45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are referring to Wolfgang coating, I agree the syringe is a tad difficult to get used to. A little product goes along way, I did my whole car with roughly 6cc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Maybe I missed it...but what product are you referring to?
    I suppose that would be helpful. Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating Complete Kit

Post Thanks / Like

I guess since he/she posted in the Wolfgang section it must be the Wolfgang coating. I’ve still got a syringe I bought 2 years ago. Don’t hear about many people using it anymore. I’ll probably use mine on some wheels if it is any good.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy and try a lot of expensive products. I have been disappointed in far more than I have liked. That is part of the experiment and I will use the ones I don't like on something.
    I have learned 1 lesson. I pick my products to try that are recommended from senior people on the forum and not from product reviews from the websites.

8. Likes Flash Gordon, Plank liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoore7 View Post

One fair point that may or may not have any impact on the results of this is that I purchased this product a little over a year ago but only was able to use it yesterday.

I'm not sure what the longevity of any product in a syringe would be? A year before using the product would be a good test of the storability of the product though.

Have you contacted customer care?

1-800-869-3011

Ask for Stephanie.

Mike Phillips

Here's the product in question....

Hard to believe I coated this car and wrote my review 3 years ago. It's also a VERY detailed how-to article that showcases the "Buddy System" for chemically stripping paint.

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Very cool car. Sad to say the owner recently passed away.

11. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoore7 View Post
    but I am questioning if I should or look for something else.
    Expand your horizons and give something else a try, lotsa good coatings out there, many less expensive. If ya wanna stay in the higher price range, give Gyeon Syncro a try. Even though a 2 part, it's very easy to apply.

FWIW, Uber was the first coating I ever used; nice but a bit pricey, IMO, for how it performs. Applied to 2016 black WRX in May 2016, 16k miles later vertical panels were toast, NE Ohio daily driver thru winter did it in by May 2017 but mileage-wise, it did OK considering.

Have tried numerous other coatings since then, none really bad but some really good (for me). If you have the chance, may as well try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

I also buy and try a lot of expensive products. I have not been disappointed by that many, but there are a few that were underwhelming. I'm not going to name them here because going negative is not really productive. BTW, a few are from top-tier, top-touted brands here which have many great products. A few lemons are not going to spoil the brand for me.

I rely on more than people here, especially given the forum rules. I rely on youtube for a lot of unbiased takes, including negative takes. The beauty of youtube is that it has a lot of how-to methods and techniques that are really difficult to communicate in a forum with mostly static content.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper280 View Post
    I buy and try a lot of expensive products. I have been disappointed in far more than I have liked. That is part of the experiment and I will use the ones I don't like on something.
    I have learned 1 lesson. I pick my products to try that are recommended from senior people on the forum and not from product reviews from the websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast