autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I need a glaze ?

I am going to be using Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 and using Pinnacle Polish on white pads before hand. Do I need to use Wolfgang glaze too or will the Polish be enough?
    And if I should still use a glaze, even though this is a Wolfgang area, what other glazes work well with Deep Gloss ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do I need a glaze ?

If you’re talking about Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
    3.0, then I don’t really consider it to actually be
    a Glaze—that is to say: in the traditional, Body
    Shop categorical rationale.

IMO:
    Using both the Pinnacle polish, and the
    Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, would be
    an act of redundancy in this scenario.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    I am going to be using Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 and using Pinnacle Polish on white pads before hand. Do I need to use Wolfgang glaze too or will the Polish be enough?
    And if I should still use a glaze, even though this is a Wolfgang area, what other glazes work well with Deep Gloss ?
    The name of the product is misleading, so what FUNX650 said. It is actually a finishing polish with a misleading name, similar to Pinnacle's polish. So, essentially no.

Similar example: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish does not actually have abrasives, but it is called as such. It actually is a non abrasive paint cleaner with mild fillers (not a polish). The problem many new enthusiasts have is the people who name and push these products in an effort to dumb it down actually create further confusion for the consumer.

4. Likes Belair liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was talking about Finishing Glaze 3.0. It confused me because it's a "glaze" but I read glazes don't have abrasives.. so that helps.
    Would you recommend using any real glaze in between the Pinnacle Polish and wgdgps ?

Post Thanks / Like

Would you recommend using any
    real glaze in between the Pinnacle
    Polish and wgdgps ?
    No; not really.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that no one really ever needs a glaze. I think they're both just finishing polishes as opposed to an actual glaze so it won't make a difference what you use.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the term glaze go the way of the dodo bird. Useless term and confusing.

Stick to the terms like: compound, med polish, fine polish, All In One. Wax, sealant, coating. Done!

That's all I need to create awesome gloss and shine!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

9. Thanks Soly1303s thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post

I hope the term glaze go the way of the dodo bird.

Useless term and confusing.

I'm kind of with you except I think it's an acceptable term for REAL glazes used in the body shop world. Mostly because the body shop world also called the collision industry or refinishing industry, is an archaic industry and really hard to change. It's like working in caveman times.

They use glazes like 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze to fill in and hide swirls from doing hack work. I'd say keep the term for these types of products for this type of industry.

BUT FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD --- quick using the word glaze. All it does is confuse people and waste their time, energy and money. See what I wrote in post #2 in this thread about 5 minutes ago.

New to forum.

11. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

I am going to be using Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 and using Pinnacle Polish on white pads before hand.

Do I need to use Wolfgang glaze too or will the Polish be enough?
    The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish will be enough.

In the WORLD you have,

Compounds
    Medium cut polishes
    Fine cut polishes
    Ultra fine cut polishes

I share this info on page 94 of my how too book...

Both the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, which is NOT a glaze and the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish are FINE CUT POLISHES. So to use one and then the other would be redundant. Pick one and go with it.

The only TRUE GLAZES I know on the market today are 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze. I'm sure there are others but for most people and most paint on most cars you simply don't need a true glaze.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I would suggest that no one really ever needs a glaze. I think they're both just finishing polishes as opposed to an actual glaze so it won't make a difference what you use.
    Before I started using coatings, I actually used real glazes like Poorboys Black Hole and Prima Amigo pretty regularly.

Because I'm a little paranoid and hold on to vehicles for a fairly long time, I don't like to do any sort of polishing more than once a year. In the Fall when I knew it was time to re-apply my sealant, I'd hit the car with a glaze first simply to hide the defects I'd be polishing out in the Spring. Both products hid the defects well and had no ill effects on the durability of the sealant and it was a quick way to spruce up the shine going into Winter.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast