autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber versus Ulitma

Hello everyone. I hope this message finds you well.

Has anyone compared Wolfgang Uber to Ultima Waterless Wash+ as rinseless washes?
    I have a gallon of Uber to get through but got a 16 oz. bottle of Ultima and was surprised at how shiny Ultima was when I used it as a rinseless wash. I know Ultima has Polycharger which aids in protection but does Wolfgang Uber have anything similar?

If anyone else has used both products I'd love to hear those thoughts.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber versus Ulitma

I can’t compare the two but I believe Uber does have gloss enhancers but no actual claimed protection.

I’ve always heard great things about Ultima WW+ but decided to pick up their new Acrylic WW. Just to cold to try it yet.

I really do like Uber but can’t say that I’ve really noticed any extra gloss after.

Post Thanks / Like

I cycle through all of these rinseless wash brands and tried out so many....honestly, they all seem too similar, and the biggest difference between all of them is the scent. I will add, I use ONR mostly because they can cross-link with all of there products (or at least that's what they claim!)...I've had great success with Optimums systems and products, especially in direct sunlight. You really can't go wrong with any of these....and I would just buy whatever's on sale lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    I cycle through all of these rinseless wash brands and tried out so many....honestly, they all seem too similar, and the biggest difference between all of them is the scent. I will add, I use ONR mostly because they can cross-link with all of there products (or at least that's what they claim!)...I've had great success with Optimums systems and products, especially in direct sunlight. You really can't go wrong with any of these....and I would just buy whatever's on sale lol.
    I agree. Especially in this case of uber rinseless and UWW+. I have both as well and they are almost identical to me except for scent and color

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks to all folks replying.

Ultima is being marketed as anti-static (at least on Amazon) and has a far shinier appearance as well. My car is dark gray so I would really want to see how that would show itself.

I've ordered a bottle from Amazon. Let's see how things pan out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad83 View Post
    Ultima has a far shinier appearance as well. My car is dark gray so I would really want to see how that would show itself.

I've ordered a bottle from Amazon. Let's see how things pan out.
    How can you say that if you haven’t even tried it yet? Wolfgang Uber versus Ulitma

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just read your OP.... So have you tried it or not? It seems like you’re saying both? Or am I reading it wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Well I just read your OP.... So have you tried it or not? It seems like you’re saying both? Or am I reading it wrong?
    Nope, you're right.

I think he just wants some other opinions, because he doesn't trust his limited experience not to have missed something. Or,... maybe he's lonely and just wants to talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    maybe he's lonely and just wants to talk.
    No better place to talk about auto detailing than right here. We welcome everyone. Wolfgang Uber versus Ulitma

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha!

I’ve tried Uber, and now, as of a few hours ago, I’ve also tried Ultima Acrylic.

I’d say they’re both the same in terms of initial gloss and overall ease of use. However I’ve heard that Ultima Acrylic-washed cars perform better in the rain and are also anti-static - so I’ll be paying attention to that over the next few days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast