autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Sealant One-Two Punch?

Hello Folks,

I wish to know, how both the WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, and WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 work-combine?

I already have the WGDGPS 3.0, and just ordered the WGDGLS.

Will these two play together well? Should they play together? Will this one-two WG punch give stellar results?

I'm assuming yes to all three questions above, and I'm guessing that the Liquid Seal Product should be firstly applied to a pristine cleaned-corrected paint, and then follow after full cure time of the LS with the 3.0 product, correct?

Sadly, I did not spring for the Fuzion Paste also. Maybe one day? Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Sealant One-Two Punch?

I would go with WGDPS 3.0 first then the liquid seal. From my understanding, the WGDPS 3.0 is the more durable.

BTW, Fuzion is excellent. Get it when it's on sale.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS will last the longest so you will want to apply that first and then allow at least a 12hr cure time. Follow up then with WGDGLS, which requires 1hr cure between coats.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    WGDGPS will last the longest so you will want to apply that first and then allow at least a 12hr cure time. Follow up then with WGDGLS, which requires 1hr cure between coats.
    Hmm. What I then wonder of course, is, is this wise? Will the WG Liquid Seal bond to the Paint Sealant 3.0 properly?

Has anyone tried such a combo?

Or was my brain fart sort of a bad idea, and a possible waste of time, and money?

I could myself try such perhaps, as I have the 3.0 product on one vehicle, and can simply try the Liquid Seal over the top on a small area, and see what the results are? Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Sealants can bond to other sealants and you have a virtual guarantee when both are from the same brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Hmm. What I then wonder of course, is, is this wise? Will the WG Liquid Seal bond to the Paint Sealant 3.0 properly?

Has anyone tried such a combo?

Or was my brain fart sort of a bad idea, and a possible waste of time, and money?

I could myself try such perhaps, as I have the 3.0 product on one vehicle, and can simply try the Liquid Seal over the top on a small area, and see what the results are? Mark
    It's kind of like mwoolfso said.

It's no more different then when I apply two coats of WGDGPS or put Fuzion over WGDGPS.

I don't see using WGDGLS over it as being a waste either. It'll take like 10 minutes to do it and you'll be surprised how little you really need to use.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of like mwoolfso said.

It's no more different then when I apply two coats of WGDGPS or put Fuzion over WGDGPS.

I don't see using WGDGLS over it as being a waste either. It'll take like 10 minutes to do it and you'll be surprised how little you really need to use.

The current winter combo on my cars is WGDGPS + WGDGLS + Füzion (so, very similar to what you want to try).

I only put WGDGLS over WDGPS because of the added UV protection: two coats of WGDGPS would surely be more durable.

WGDGLS is extremely user-friendly and I will use it from now on to seal all the headlights (since it's so trouble-free, I will use it quite regularly).

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied two coats of WGDGPS and a single layer of WGDGLS at the beginning of November. I've been impressed with the durability and appearance of the combination on my daily driver. If anything, I like to believe that the paint of my daily driver is definitely prepared for winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Folks,
    Thank you again very much for further commenting.

I truly was initially not sure-confused which way to go, with which product first, and which one to follow with?

I think in the description for the WGDGLS (on Autopia), is does say something to the effect that this product can be used over WGDGPS 3.0. But it was a little confusing, and worded oddly IMO.

Saying something like "it can be used to top" Perhaps better understood to just say "It can be applied over". Maybe might be my lack of understanding some of the better layman terms? Mark