autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion durability and maintenance?

I'm only getting about 4-6 weeks of good beading from my Fuzion. Not that I mind since I like to apply it on a regular basis. But I'm certainly not getting 3-4 months like some people claim. I think I'll strip it off and put some WGDGPS on first and then top it with Fuzion. That seems to be the winning ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    I'm only getting about 4-6 weeks of good beading from my Fuzion. Not that I mind since I like to apply it on a regular basis. But I'm certainly not getting 3-4 months like some people claim. I think I'll strip it off and put some WGDGPS on first and then top it with Fuzion. That seems to be the winning ticket.
    what was the prep prior, and are you washing regularly after?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do one spring heavy 2-step detailing (this time was Griots FCC followed by Megs M205), then a quick IPA wipe and the Fuzion applied by hand and removed with fresh MF towels.

I wash the car about every other weekend. It sits in the garage when I'm home but is outside all day when I'm at work but temps have been in the 70s and 80s. When it gets rained on, I'll usually do a quick detail a day or two later. But overall, it doesn't see much extreme conditions.

I really like Fuzion, and it definitely lasts longer than Souveran, but the durability isn't in the same ballpark as Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    I really like Fuzion, and it definitely lasts longer than Souveran, but the durability isn't in the same ballpark as Collinite.
    I agree, Collinite is bulletproof and definitely my go to for my daily driver. Just rock solid. I'm willing to put a little more work into the motorcycle have the look I get from Fuzion. As maintenance, I think I may try the Fuzion spray wax. I'll share my experiences with it.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

I applied Wolfgang Fuzion to my Challenger late last November. By March it will still present and the water beading on the top half of the car was still pretty good. I don't care too much about water beading, but a lot of folks use it to gauge whether or not any sort of protection is still sticking around. I "maintained" the wax mostly with rinseless washes (ONR Wash and Shine, Wolfgang Uber, McKee's N-914, Meguiar's D114 and probably a few more). No spray waxes or quick detailers were used that I can recall, or if any were used it didn't impact much in a meaningful way.

My Challenger is used for a handful of short trips during the week days and longer trips on some weekends, but the majority of the time it sits in a garage. Wolfgang Fuzion is very nice and can last quite a while in the right sort of conditions.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't provide solid advice on durability because I'm using it on a garaged weekend vehicle. Fusion is very easy on and off, love using it as well as the looks. I also use Fusion spray wax as a booster. I don't see how Fusion spray wax would be good as a drying aid because it needs to be buffed after drying. For quick touch ups from dust, I'm using Meguiars Last Touch. It works well with Fusion, and is quicker than Fusion spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion durability and maintenance?

Durability of any LSP is determined by many variables from prep to technique to environment. I've had LSPs last twice as long as I expected and half as long as I expected. By "expected" I'm referring to manufacturers claims. My default crutch is to hit the car with D156 after every wash making durability a moot point plus it keeps the car looking great.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Durability of any LSP is determined by many variables from prep to technique to environment. I've had LSPs last twice as long as I expected and half as long as I expected. By "expected" I'm referring to manufacturers claims. My default crutch is to hit the car with D156 after every wash making durability a moot point plus it keeps the car looking great.
    I also use a spray wax (Optimum in my case) after every wash. Do you ever need to apply your LSP again if you do this? I would think not until you need to polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion durability and maintenance?

I polish 2x a year in spring and fall with HD speed. I top with FK1000p in fall and Fuzion in the spring. Then D156 year round after every wash
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

o

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast