autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion durability and maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow536 View Post
    On my never ending search for the perfect lsp for me, I have just recently acquired Fuzion and I'm truly impressed. I've never used a paste wax this easy before. I don't normally stick with an lsp for long, but I'm thinking about giving this one a longer chance. What durability are people typically seeing? I've searched but no one really says. My car is outside 24/7 and washed weekly. Do you guys maintain it with fuzion spray wax weekly? Do you apply the paste wax monthly?

I don't want to waste a product this expensive, but I also really want to keep this amazing shine
    I put a coat on for the first time last week. It's the best I've ever seen the car look

Post Thanks / Like

I've read at least a thousand threads over the years asking how long some LSP lasts and I chuckle every time because the answer is ALWAYS... it depends.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like pinnacle souveran, wolfgang fusion, and mckees trademark waxes are incredibly similar from people's descriptions I've seen on here. I believe the souveran does not include polymers, but the others do. Since they are all PBMG, any chance these are all the same base wax? It would seem logical that they are all some degree of adjusted formulation off one original. Maybe... souveran = straight wax, mckees = wax + polymers, and wolfgang = wax + lots of polymers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM235ily View Post
    It sounds like pinnacle souveran, wolfgang fusion, and mckees trademark waxes are incredibly similar from people's descriptions I've seen on here. I believe the souveran does not include polymers, but the others do. Since they are all PBMG, any chance these are all the same base wax? It would seem logical that they are all some degree of adjusted formulation off one original. Maybe... souveran = straight wax, mckees = wax + polymers, and wolfgang = wax + lots of polymers ?
    I've thought about that too. But I don't think McKee's 37 is owned by PBMG. RME owns it. But Pinnacle and Wolfgang seem to have the same products with different labels for many things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I've thought about that too. But I don't think McKee's 37 is owned by PBMG. RME owns it. But Pinnacle and Wolfgang seem to have the same products with different labels for many things.
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...g-group-3.html

There is plenty of press out there about Tony George's Vision Investments buying PBMG from Bob McKee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. Things seem to have gone a little all over the place here. I'm just going to respond to the people that talked to me directly, Mike and Silverfox:

Mike, thanks for linking to that topic. I am already applying those techniques and more. It is nice to have the reassurance that someone with your experience applies the same techniques. Your level of detail is always above and beyond.

As for the wax durability, I know that no two coats of wax will wear the same. You can probably put yourself to sleep at night by listing the hundreds of variables. I'm going to try to explain my thought process here. I am aware that no one can tell me how X product will work for me and I am not asking anyone to. I was hoping to hear what other people's experiences are so that I could create sort of a baseline for myself. For example, if people use X product on their DD and most people say it lasts 5-6 months for them, then I could assume that the product would last close to that for me. So, I could apply that product every 4-5 months to stay on the safe side and maintain a constant protection.

Having explained that, I'm probably overthinking all of this. With how easy Fuzion is to apply, I could easily apply it every month and never worry about losing the protection, I'm just trying to think about my wallet. I'm also not sure if that's going to buildup on my vehicle and dull the shine if I apply it that often. Since I do not have much experience with this product, I was hoping people could share their experience so that I can draw from it. I know it won't fit me perfectly, but some idea is better than none. Does any of what I'm typing make sense or am I just crazy? Maybe I've been smelling too many detailing products lately

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 topped with WG Fuzion

This car was a garaged daily driver, owner got 6-7 solid months + and no detailing sprays etc were used for maintenance during that time.

I would go with this combo and top the Fuzion every 3 months or so and it should prolong the 3.0 Sealant and if you wanted to use the Fuzion Spray Wax once a month that would be the icing on the cake. I have 3.0 and Fuzion and have done this on my wife's car and my GC. I don't have Fuzion Spray wax but if it's as good or better than the Blackfire MS Carnauba Spray Wax which I easily get 4-6 weeks of protection from I'm sure it's a great product. Fuzion is an amazing wax for sure.

My Genesis Coupe Circa 2014 with WDGPS / Fuzion ( this won me Detailing Day 2014 )

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realized that my reply was never submitted. Oops. Those were amazing photos custmsprty. I'll probably use WGDGPS under my fuzion when winter rolls around.

So, I originally started this thread with the idea of stretching out my jar of fuzion and I have since decided to stop thinking about my wallet. This wax looks so good and I want to keep this incredible shine. So, I will probably just wax once a month. I believe Mike was the one that said something along the lines of "if you want your car to have that just waxed look, just wax it."

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe it's taken me this long to come to Wolfgang Fuzion. I received a 3 oz. jar of Fuzion Carnuba Polymer Estate Wax as either part of a giveaway, drawing win, or mystery box purchase last year. It has sat on my shelf with other waxes while I rely on my trusty old Collinite 845 for everything.

Today, I spent some time polishing the paint on my motorcycle. I washed it with my trusty Uber Rinseless (as a waterless), clayed with Mothers California Gold Clay Bar, then polished the paint with Blackfire Total Polish and Seal (my second favorite smelling product.1 I used a 3 inch Lake Country orange pad on my PC, and other than some scratches I knew wouldn't come out (repaint is scheduled for next fall), the pain looked gorgeous.

As I reached for the Collinite, I spotted the Fuzion,and thought, "why not?" I am blown away by how great it looks. Both on the painted metal and the plastic side covers. (The covers were given the same cleaning, polish, and wax.) This is just a gorgeous finish! Total wet look, I couldn't stop looking at it. When my Chevelle is ready for the shows again, I'll be going to the Fuzion full time. (Although I do want to test the Blackfire Wet over Ice.)

So, my question, what would be a good maintenance for this combo? I'll continue to wash with Uber as a waterless. (I'll be hitting the engine with S100.) I have quite a variety of spray detailers and spray waxes. I'm thinking the Fusion spray wax would be ideal, but what about Megs 156, Kenotek, etc.? Anyone have a combination they like?

Fuzion durability and maintenance?-img_1616-jpg Fuzion durability and maintenance?-img_1618-jpg

As always, thanks in advance.

Jim

1 Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze smells the best. I even put a little behind my ear before I go out.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast