autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Temperature for DGPS 12 hour curing?

Starting to use some stuff that I bought and never got around to using this summer and one of those things in WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Have a place (work) that is a dry warehouse (and plenty of vehicles to mess around with) so that`s not an issue but we sure don`t leave the heat on all night.

Trying a few things on our construction/plow truck ( What did you do detailing wise today? )and wanna try the DGPS + Fuzion on it. During the day the temps are about 55-60 degrees inside so after doing a little compound/polish on the truck I can easily apply the DGPS, let it haze for 30-45 minutes and wipe it off in 55-60 degree temps. The next 12 hours (overnite) it`s quite possible the temps will drop to low 50`s/hi 40`s inside the warehouse. Think this will compromise the curing/bonding process?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Temperature for DGPS 12 hour curing?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Starting to use some stuff that I bought and never got around to using this summer and one of those things in WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Have a place (work) that is a dry warehouse (and plenty of vehicles to mess around with) so that`s not an issue but we sure don`t leave the heat on all night.

Trying a few things on our construction/plow truck ( What did you do detailing wise today? )and wanna try the DGPS + Fuzion on it. During the day the temps are about 55-60 degrees inside so after doing a little compound/polish on the truck I can easily apply the DGPS, let it haze for 30-45 minutes and wipe it off in 55-60 degree temps. The next 12 hours (overnite) it`s quite possible the temps will drop to low 50`s/hi 40`s inside the warehouse. Think this will compromise the curing/bonding process?

IMHO, I wouldn't worry about the "cure" it may take a little longer. What I might worry is condensation....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    IMHO, I wouldn't worry about the "cure"
    it may take a little longer.

What I might worry is condensation....
    ^^^This^^^

Also...
    I don't top WDGPS with anything
    other than another coat of WDGPS.
    {YMMV}

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like all will be well then. Never any condensation in there until it gets below zero outside.

Finally going thru the cabinet of "That looks cool..." sale purchases and actually giving them a try. Finally tried HD Speed and it's cool and all and certainly has its place but I guess I just don't have a need for something with the limited longevity of it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk