autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it....

Post Thanks / Like

I did it....

With my recent order I added a 128 ounces Uber Rinseless. I have been extremely hesitant to go rinseless but finally dropped the ball. With Wisconsin winters and a heated garage I am hoping it serves me well.

My question today is regarding bugs on bumpers and mirrors. I'm already pre-planning for spring and summer and thought, how would it be to get a separate bucket with lid, mix the Uber RW, never introduce a dirty rag or contaminants, and just always use the same bucket and solution for cleaning off bugs??

My thoughts are that the solution would not break down. Especially with a tight lid. Would save on product and always be readily accessible for bug removal. I would do a presoak with sprayer diluted according to instructions as well. Many times my car is clean with the exception of bugs on just the mirrors and bumper.

Just wanted to bounce this off you guys being I'm a newbie to RR.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I did it....

You sound like a natural at the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Might as well go whole-hog
    and use Distilled Water for
    diluting purposes.

The "cleaner" the diluting-water is...
    the further it will reduce the chances
    of the solution breaking down: especially
    in an untowardly manner, IMO.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Might as well go whole-hog
    and use Distilled Water for
    diluting purposes.

The "cleaner" the diluting-water is...
    the further it will reduce the chances
    of the solution breaking down: especially
    in an untowardly manner, IMO.

Bob
    It will be distilled. Do you see any issue with this? I could even change the solution monthly. Like I said, I will never be putting dirty rags in the bucket. I'm more concerned with breakdown and loss of lubricity. I know it doesn't in the manufacturer bottle. Just not sure if the same holds true when 3 gallons of water is introduced to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    It will be distilled. Do you see any issue with this? I could even change the solution monthly. Like I said, I will never be putting dirty rags in the bucket. I'm more concerned with breakdown and loss of lubricity. I know it doesn't in the manufacturer bottle. Just not sure if the same holds true when 3 gallons of water is introduced to it.
    Megs D114 holds up just fine doing what you describe. You shouldn't have any problems doing the same with the Uber.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would definitely use distilled water. Plus it will be that much easier to add more...pour in a gallon when it starts getting low and add the uber. Makes for easier measuring.

I can't speak for uber but I know that ONR will not break down in distilled water. It will lose its color but all the cleaning properties are still there. The polymers won't break down.

I would think the same should hold true for uber but I'm not 100%.

If you keep topping off with a fresh gallon and fresh uber ever couple weeks that will keep refreshing it too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

With my recent order I added a 128 ounces Uber Rinseless. I have been extremely hesitant to go rinseless but finally dropped the ball. With Wisconsin winters and a heated garage I am hoping it serves me well.

My question today is regarding bugs on bumpers and mirrors. I'm already pre-planning for spring and summer and thought, how would it be to get a separate bucket with lid, mix the Uber RW, never introduce a dirty rag or contaminants, and just always use the same bucket and solution for cleaning off bugs??

My thoughts are that the solution would not break down. Especially with a tight lid. Would save on product and always be readily accessible for bug removal. I would do a presoak with sprayer diluted according to instructions as well. Many times my car is clean with the exception of bugs on just the mirrors and bumper.

Just wanted to bounce this off you guys being I'm a newbie to RR.
    I can tell you this...you blow away my technique! I do not use distilled water. I am NOT WORTHY!! All kidding aside you are in great shape! Keep on rockin!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Are bugs a big problem in the winter in
    Wisconsin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Are bugs a big problem in the winter in
    Wisconsin?
    Pre-planning for spring summer. They are horrible during those seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a one gallon garden sprayer filled with distilled water and Meg's d114?@ 128:1. I use it as a modified Gary Dean method. Saturate each towel when needed for rinseless wash and use sprayer for presoaking bumpers, windshield and mirrors. I have not tried my Uber as a bug presoaker, but D114 at 128:1 will literally have the fresh bug guts dripping down your bumper. Looks like ironx, but with big guts

Our northern WI mosquitoes are nasty during summer months. I love using D114 and a handful of towels to clean off just the windshield, bumper, and mirrors immediately after I get home. Takes 2-3 minutes and I save the 2BM wash for after a good rain or once weekly maintenance 2BM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.