autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did it....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I did it....

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I have a one gallon garden sprayer filled with distilled water and Meg's d114?@ 128:1. I use it as a modified Gary Dean method. Saturate each towel when needed for rinseless wash and use sprayer for presoaking bumpers, windshield and mirrors. I have not tried my Uber as a bug presoaker, but D114 at 128:1 will literally have the fresh bug guts dripping down your bumper. Looks like ironx, but with big guts

Our northern WI mosquitoes are nasty during summer months. I love using D114 and a handful of towels to clean off just the windshield, bumper, and mirrors immediately after I get home. Takes 2-3 minutes and I save the 2BM wash for after a good rain or once weekly maintenance 2BM.
    Thanks for the info bud!

Post Thanks / Like

I've premixed Uber and D114 with filtered (RV water type) water and it was fine a month out.

Distilled is cheap. But, You can go through a lot of water with rinseless.

You have to do what your situation warrants though.

Post Thanks / Like

I just keep my solution in my pump sprayer. I don't find a need for a separate bucket. I simply soak my rinseless towels in tap water, wring them out, and then go to work after a pre-soak with the Uber (distilled + concentrate). I find that the towels very quickly absorb enough Uber to be effective. If any doubt, you can just spray (soak) the already wet towels with the Uber/sprayer, as well.

But no harm in doing it your way. Gamma seal lids are great.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Jeremy! I actually converted to rinseless washing my last few years in Syracuse, NY. You will be fine. The pre-soaking location will be your main concern according to weather. If you're able to do it in garage, no worries. If outside, be careful of drainage and where ice would form. I would pre-rinse the lower areas very well and pre-soak those areas with rinseless solution in a pressurized sprayer before starting my rinseless wash.

As for bugs, get a bug sponge. pre soak front bumper, mirrors, etc with rinseless solution. Rinseless wash, go over with sponge, dry, done. Sometimes, you need to use a chemical. Ive had great luck with PoorBoys Bug Squash as its very affordable.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.