autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Wolfgang Fuzion vs Blackfire Wet Polymer Spray - Have both, here is my observation.

Hey everyone!

I'm hoping to get some feedback regarding an observation I recently had while using Wolfgang Fuzion (spray) for the first time. I picked up a used 2013 S63 AMG Sedan in Black and performed a simple 1-step paint correction followed by applying 2 coats of sealant (both Merzurna). The car came out much better than I expected as I'm still learning how to polish using a Flex DA. The following week I wanted to touch up the car and had a bottle of Blackfire Wet Polymer spray which I'm a big fan of. It's super easy to apply and makes the car super slick (although I can't vouch for its longevity).

That being said, I saw the release of the new Wolfgang Fuzion spray and based on my broken logic, bought the gallon portion since it seems like a better deal than the single bottle.

Here's my question/comment/concern-ish. When I apply the BF spray, the car shines like no other considering it has a fresh layer(2) of sealant and is clean. When I applied the Fuzion spray way over a different part of the car (hood), I guess I expected it to REALLY shine, or see more "depth", or just something that was going to blow me away. It's not that it wasn't shiny, but I couldn't' see a noticeable difference vs the BF spray.

So, am I overthinking it? Are my expectations too high for Fuzion since BF is such a great product in the first place? Should I be content with Fuzion applying the extra layer of carnuba which will last longer versus BF just adding a touch-up layer of sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Fuzion vs Blackfire Wet Polymer Spray - Have both, here is my observation.

Longevity should also come into play here.

Also, have you ever used Optimum Spray Wax? If so, how does that compare?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Fuzion vs Blackfire Wet Polymer Spray - Have both, here is my observation.

I can't say I've used the Fuzion Spray but I am a user of the Blackfire Polymer and buy it by the gallon as I like it so much.

IMO the gloss difference you're looking for isn't likely there as while both are fine products, the gloss level is related more to the fact that you've done a fine job polishing the car. The candy-like gloss that a coating offers or the depth of gloss and rich tone a pure 'nauba wax would offer is due in part to those respective products and characteristics.

The beauty of blackfire IMO isn't so much about gloss but rather it's slickness and bonding that fills in the surface of the vehicle with it's cross-linking polymers. Again, seeing as how you have likely done a fine job on the car and so recently, there's not likely much either product is going to do to enhance things further. Not yet. Over time and through washings I'm sure both will continue to maintain that look and feel but would if you let it degrade, then bring it back a bit.

I just coated my S4 which was already perfectly corrected and prepped and I use either my Wolfgang Uber Rinseless as my detail spray or I have also used some Blackfire. I think it was too soon to use the latter for me as it has since left a coating/film of polymers on the surface that I will wash off next time/this weekend. Case in point, I wanted to "enhance" the look and surface after a wash, but there's nothing there for the product to bond to effectively so it likely is on the surface, flashed/evaporated and left the polymers there. Next time I'm going to use just my rinseless.

I hope my long winded opinion helps. I reserve the right to be corrected by others too
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

Since I've used both and wrote reviews for both here's my comment about your observations...

These are very different waxes but they'll give you the same appearance results. This is assuming they are used on paint that is in new or like new condition, that is like you describe, the paint on your car was corrected, polished and waxed. Now you can maintain with a spray-on wax.

Spray on waxes, at least these two, are like finishing waxes/sealants or show car waxes/sealants, that is they are not for neglected paint. Just want to add this because I've had experience over the years with people buying any company's spray wax and expecting it to undo years of neglect.

The BLACKFIRE spray wax is thin in consistency. Applies easy, wipes off even easier after it dries and leaves the paint incredibly slick feeling.

The Wolfgang spray wax is thicker in consistency. It requires just a tick more effort to spread out and then wipe off after it has dried.

• They are very different formulas chemical wise.
    • They both make the paint look clear and glossy.
    • I'd give the edge to the BLACKFIRE spray wax for slickness.
    • I'd give the edge to the Wolfgang spray wax for longevity.

And these types of products are really the kind of products where a person needs to use them in order to figure out which one they like best. Neither will disappoint they are just different styles of spray-on waxes.

I know people that love Coke and won't drink Pepsi and I know people that love Pepsi and won't drink Coke.

So while Coke and Pepsi are the same types of products, to we as unique individuals, we'll tend to gravitate more towards one over the other but only after we've drank a few glasses of each first.

That's my analogy and I'm sticking to it....

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Based on the two products, I suppose I'm leaning towards liking the BlackFire better simply due to its really easy on easy off and super slick feel. In hind sight, I would of bought the gallon (or two) of the Blackfire for the cost of the gallon of the new Fuzion. Still, there's a ton of great products and I enjoy the process of trying many of them out to see what works for me =).