autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did i wipe/buff off wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 too soon?

Hello,

I recently started to get deep into detailing world after I got my car in March 2016
    I have been buying few different products (mostly waxes) and last week, I decided to give a sealant a try!!

So I just got my WGDSPS 3.0 and applied it today (about 8 hours ago). The car is sitting in my garage and probably won't be driving it for 9~10 more hours.

My concern is that I think I wiped it off too quick while I was applying the sealant.
    I applied the sealant on half of my car and started buffing in the order I applied the product. Basically the product sat on my paint for only 10 to 15minutes until it got wiped/buffed. When I was wiping off, I could see there is like.. almost film like layer on the paint reflecting lights(does this mean it was all dried up?)

I have been searching on online and found out that this sealant should sit on the paint for 30 to 45minutes(should have searched before I applied the sealant!!! stupid me!!)
    I think the car looks pretty good (its got as good shine as when I used pinnacle souveran wax).

What would be the down side of wiping sealant off too soon? do I need to use some kind of wax/sealant removal product and re-apply the sealant? or am I good to go?
    I plan on applying pinnacle mist and apply a coat of wax once the sealant is all cured over night.

Thank you for your answers in advance!!

-J

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did i wipe/buff off wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 too soon?

The directions say to wait 30-45 minutes, so the haze you are seeing is most likely evidence that the sealant wasn't ready to be removed. You can try using a quick detailer spray and going over the car to see if it removes the haze. For peace of mind you can reapply the sealant and wait the recommended time before removing 8-)
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I think you did but you can always go reapply it! I usually coat the entire car, go inside and grab a beer and check autogeek. I have left it on my paint for 2 hours (forgot about it) and gone out and it was still sooooo easy to remove. I like to give it 30 minutes or so minimum on a humid day but most days I just wait the 15-20 minutes it says to wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on temperature, could you not do a swipe test to see if its ready? That's the technique I use for all my sealant applications - regardless of brand or directions. If the brand mentions a wait time , I make sure to do the swipe test.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the best indication of too soon is if you see it streaking when you wipe it off. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with applying another coat after 12 hours. No need to try removing what you already put on.

Post Thanks / Like

its a water based sealant and even humidity factor licks in , wipe of with the help of detailer spray / water spray and re apply and give product proper time to haze
    good luck

Post Thanks / Like

2-3 beers or 1 hour of sport center is my timer for dwell time

Post Thanks / Like

Left mine on for 16 hours. No problem at all. Came out beautiful. Frank

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. Just reapply and let it sit for the recommended time. I always do two coats to make sure everything got good coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread got me wanting to do the car (red Kia) again with WGDGPS 3.0, and I did a coat yesterday after a wash. Temps mid-morning were at 87 degrees, and about 27% humidity.

Let it sit about 25-30 minutes, the swipe test showed I was good to go. Came off effortlessly.

And it came out beautiful, awesome candy coated look, killer clarity, with dazzling high gloss, and reflections.

Sorry no pics, had my computer worked on late last week, and SD camera card driver has evidently not been loaded back on it.

It should be noted as well, that this 16oz sample I have is over 3 years old, and there's about 1/2 of it left since I bought it.

With a very good shake before use for about a minute, my WGDGPS 3.0 looks, and worked just like the day I first got it and used it, which means shelf life for this product has proven to be very good. I of course always store all my chemical products indoors year round. Truly a top notch product!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast