autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, where does it fit in my arsenal?

I never thought of using a product as a drying aid it just did not make sense to me. Using a wet product to dry water lol but now it makes sense as a lube to prevent marring and help sheet water off. I think I will try Uber ww as a drying aid. The WG instant detail spritz that I have can be used for that too and it leaves protection behind with continued use since it uses the same polymers as the sealants. But I think I will use the uber waterless solution though since I am almost out of instant detail spritz. Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    What dilution ratio are you using Uber as a drying aid?
    I just use the Uber mixed at the waterless ratio for a drying aid simply because I don't want to mix up multiple bottles. So I use it for waterless and drying at the same ratio. For drying, no need to get all crazy and cover the entire vehicle. Just quickly shoot a few random sprays here and there. It spreads quickly with the towel and even gets into the towel and is very effective that way.

You'll also be impressed with the shine it leaves!

3. Likes raymond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with uber waterless leaving a very nice gloss. I mainly did rinsless because I was too scared to try waterless. About a month ago I did the waterless for the first time. Right when I finished, the wifey came out said WOW glossy. I noticed it as I was doing it, but for her to notice instantly was gratifying.

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing waterless with the Uber, but really have no reason to. I can as easily do a Rinseless in my driveway and it just feels safer, even though I never had a problem with waterless. But options are nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I like doing waterless because I can do it in the garage any time of day any weather condition.
    But back to Liquid Seal, it's really easy to use and actually a good glass cleaner. I also give my towel a few sprays before I dry the door jambs and wheels without worrying about residue because no buffing is needed. I do think it does attract dust though and Spritz Sealant looks better and repels dust better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    I was doing waterless with the Uber, but really have no reason to. I can as easily do a Rinseless in my driveway and it just feels safer, even though I never had a problem with waterless. But options are nice.
    I feel the same way, I like the uber rinseless better, I just feel more comfortable with it than waterless. I have done both in my garage. Waterless does seem faster and easier but not as safe for me personally.

Yesterday I did use the uber waterless as a drying aid as mentioned earlier after a full wash. Worked great, didn't think drying could get any easier. By adding the waterless as a drying aid, it gave me piece of mind when drying in case I missed a spot. Was very happy with the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12