autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Coatings

My father asked me if I was familiar with the Wolfgang Ceramic Coating sold by Autogeek! I told him I am familiar with ceramic coatings but not this particular brand. Anyone here know anything about this particular one.

It appears new product on Autogeek because there is not one review but perhaps I'm wrong. I myself have looked into professional ceramic coatings but not willing to spend the $1200 dollars.

How good can this Wolfgang Ceramic Coating be for $150 dollars? This product here claims it will seal and protect paint for three years. How easy is it to remove bugs on ceramic coated bumpers and grills?

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating Complete Kit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ceramic Coatings-1462644957222-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coatings

There are quite a few reviews on it. Mike Phillips has an article on it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great product. The reason you see such a higher price to have them installed is the extreme amount of prep that goes into it. There is quite a bit of labor involved which is going to make it expensive if you don't do it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
    It's a great product. The reason you see such a higher price to have them installed is the extreme amount of prep that goes into it. There is quite a bit of labor involved which is going to make it expensive if you don't do it yourself.
    I got ya. What type of prep work would I need to do to my car in order to use this.

So in your opinion would you highly recommend buying this particular Wolfgang ceramic coating product

Post Thanks / Like

I have used offerings from carpro, optimum, and 22ple, and I found this to be on par with those quality wise so far. I would definitely recommend it.

As for prep it's sort of based on how perfect you want your paint. Most of us don't want to put an expensive coating over top of swirled and scratched up paint so we do a very in depth paint correction prior to applying a long term coating. To get the most out of it visually, and believe me with a good correction topped with this, you want a flawless base so that you will have a ton of gloss and a great looking and well protected vehicle.

After correcting the defects in the finish it is recommended to either use a coating prep polish, ipa wipedown, or carpro eraser to remove any oils from polishing allowing the coating to properly bond to the finish of your vehicle.

If you check out some of the review threads posted above, I'm sure that you will get a better idea of what is typically involved prior to installing this coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Can the stuff go on plastic pieces?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    According to the product description

"This easy-to-apply coating was designed for painted surfaces, glass, wheels, head lights, and hard exterior plastic trim"

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The $1200 price was most likely along the lines of Opti Coat Pro+ or CQuartz Finest I am assuming? If so, you are not just paying for the actual coating. You are paying someone experienced to perfect your paint and apply a time tested product; delivering to you a superior outcome.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    I'm not sure how it would work on porous plastics. I used it on plastic trim around side mirrors, the plastic trim by my windows and it works very well. It makes the plastic very easy to clean and the water beads like mad!