autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5th Episode on this Sunday! - What's in Autogeek's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Did anyone see the 5th episode?

Of course! You know I wouldn't miss an episode.
    I found it was interesting to see the basics of "jeweling". I've read a bunch of posts here on the subject, but a video clip is worth a thousand words. For education of the general public, it would have been nice to devote a bit more time to the sealant vs wax discussion. Personally, I thought the Flex segment was a bit of overselling, especially when it was immediately followed by a Flex commercial. As I've stated before, treading that fine line between information and cheesy infomercial certainly isn't easy, and that segment stepped over the line.
    Just my opinion.

Bill

Mike Phillips

Episode #5 is on right now!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post

Of course! You know I wouldn't miss an episode.
    I found it was interesting to see the basics of "jeweling". I've read a bunch of posts here on the subject, but a video clip is worth a thousand words. For education of the general public, it would have been nice to devote a bit more time to the sealant vs wax discussion.
    If we do a 3rd season there will definitely be changes to the format taken from what we've learned from season #2

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Personally, I thought the Flex segment was a bit of overselling, especially when it was immediately followed by a Flex commercial. As I've stated before, treading that fine line between information and cheesy infomercial certainly isn't easy, and that segment stepped over the line.
    Just my opinion.

Bill
    Good feedback Bill.

One thing for sure, watching and re-watching yourself on video is a great way to learn about what not to do the next time and what areas to strengthen.

Mike Phillips

If you watch the segment on the black Chrysler Imperial where I remove the swirls, scratches and water spots, in the segment I completely removed all the defects out of the soft single stage black paint. The camera team didn't capture the before and after difference.

I have found that with every TV production company I've worked with I've had to do my best to teach them

A. What a show car finish really looks like

B. How to capture the results with the "light" showcasing the before and after differences.

In person the results were dramatic, on camera there was no "wow" factor.

When we release our new Flex DVD you can see what I mean because Yancy is very good at capturing before and after results with cameras and lighting. And to be honest, it's this before and after results that are the "Money Shots" because otherwise the viewing audience won't understand what the entire point is behind proper paint polishing whether done by hand or machine.

Here's an example of Dennis Gage's team actually getting the shot...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MsZL72VAk&hd=1]My Classic Car with Dennis Gage and Mike Phillip - Removing Swirls - YouTube[/video]

I've done more work with Dennis's team on getting the before and after results and they now do a pretty good job...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12