autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite: 15 or 21?

If you're picking just one, the 15mm is more flexible.
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

whichever one you choose, the G15 or G21 (interchangeable backing plates) got you covered...

Griots Garage BOSS Long Throw Orbital Polisher System

[ame]youtube.com/watch?v=FtpgZV9vL1A[/video] [ame]youtube.com/watch?v=i8eIKCHq72A[/video]
    i am the jump starter.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

G21 + Fast correcting cream + microfiber cutting pad = defect terminator

Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite: 15 or 21?

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    whichever one you choose, the G15 or G21 (interchangeable backing plates) got you covered...

After checking out those vids, the only difference I can see is the Griots Garage dude says the backing plates are interchangeable whereas the Rupes representative doesn't recommend it.. Unless I'm mistaken, both counterweights look identical, so if that's the case, why is Griots making that claim without at least mentioning that there might be a slight difference in the user experience? Is he a tad bit shady salesman? Or am I uninformed? I dunno...

As far as the pads, Griots offers 5.5" and 6.5" pads for their long throw polishers, whereas Rupes offers full 6" and 7" pads. And not only that, the Rupes pads look to be of far better quality than the Griots pads... Yet the Griots pads cost more?? Smh.

Rupes LHR MARKll is the latest cutting edge technology. Griots Boss looks like a complete attempt to copy the previous Rupes LHR 21ES...
    No thanks. I'll choose the originators over the imitators.

When the time comes for me to upgrade, it'll be a Rupes. Hands down.

Your favorite: 15 or 21?-imageuploadedbyagonline1450958582-676199-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had the lhr15 for a few months now but I love it. I have tried the G21 and for my application the smaller pad size of the lhr15was a better choice but thatsjust for me. The Rupes also seemed smoother with less vibration which is something I have come to really like having stated with a HF DA the difference was night and day!

Post Thanks / Like

Id say a rupes 21 with 5in BP will act more agressive = faster correction per section.
    But dont Know how that effects completion time of job since you effectively reduced surface coverage by 1in diameter..
    ..and Kamikaze Beast backingplate will balance it back to spec or better.

Also..theres nothing newly cutting edge from the Rupes Mark 2 over the mark 1
    Its just a slightly revised version.
    Instead of a more powerful motor to compensate the stalling they slappped in a more effiecent motor while retainning same wattage which should equate to less heat..

So if the more efficient motor of the Rupes cures the stalling issue the same as the bigger motored Griot...then they indeed had the better plan of attack.
    ..if not then mark 3 would be perfect to do something in between mark2 and G15/G21

Btw, when i first used my G21 i was def thinking i should of went G15...but the more i used it i simply develope technique to compensate.. also came to realize the areas my G21 wasnt fitting in or areathat was akward...it would be been about the same.with the G15

Good thing they make a Rupes mini

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    After checking out those vids, the only difference I can see is the Griots Garage dude says the backing plates are interchangeable whereas the Rupes representative doesn't recommend it.. Unless I'm mistaken, both counterweights look identical, so if that's the case, why is Griots making that claim without at least mentioning that there might be a slight difference in the user experience? Is he a tad bit shady salesman? Or am I uninformed? I dunno...

As far as the pads, Griots offers 5.5" and 6.5" pads for their long throw polishers, whereas Rupes offers full 6" and 7" pads. And not only that, the Rupes pads look to be of far better quality than the Griots pads... Yet the Griots pads cost more?? Smh.

Rupes LHR MARKll is the latest cutting edge technology. Griots Boss looks like a complete attempt to copy the previous Rupes LHR 21ES...
    No thanks. I'll choose the originators over the imitators.

When the time comes for me to upgrade, it'll be a Rupes. Hands down.

Your favorite: 15 or 21?-imageuploadedbyagonline1450958582-676199-jpg
    everyone has their own choices and opinions in life (buy what you want with your $'s). IME GG (and AG to name another) customer service is tops (no hassle or BS) and i don't care to support any company if they have lack luster customer service (i'm not putting $'s into their pockets if i can help it) won't get into specifics about rupes and do not care to buy any of their products ever if at all. if you read some of the reviews/comparisons on the GG15/21 you'll see that the most of the reviewers agree that it's not a copy (might as well say that about any other traditional PC-style DA if it's not a porter cable as then). autoconcierge, rasky, and mark08ex to name a few have given their thoughts and actually have used both machines. they both have their merits and take it for what it is and choose in what you like in one or the other. like what YOU like and get what YOU want..

p.s. contact Jeff Brown if you have any technical questions about any of their polishers, i'm sure he will give you any answers you may need about them...
    i am the jump starter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12