autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: weird question

Post Thanks / Like

weird question

ok this might be a lil strange and ill probilly get more answers from people that smoke.....so any way i have had a few white microfiber cloths in my room for a while. and as any smoker knows if you smoke in a room eventually everything white gets a lil bit of a brown tint to it. this is what happen to my cloths...now i do have to say 2 things number one, the tint is not bad at all very very light i didnt even notice it on the cloths until i had some other white (that i kept downstairs) in my hands at the same time, then i could notice the light tint, number to i threw them in the was just to get as much as i could out but also as every smoker knows it is impossible to get 100% of that tint out.....now what do you guys think can i still use them i was thinking i could because it is not like its dirt or any type of particulate in the the cloth just smoke so nothing to scratch anything and i did run it threw the was and i figure if that tint aint going to come out in laundry its probilly not going to come out when i am using it so i dont see how this could ruin anything i am working on.....bbut i have been wrong before (not often but once or twice) so i wanna see what you guys think especilly if any one has done this before ..........thanks ahead of time

Post Thanks / Like

Re: weird question

I don't think there should be a problem. However, if there could be any possibility that the tar could harden (weird thought but could happen), the best thing to do is to test them after you wash them.

If they scratch or leavy any undesirable marks, they can still work for other tasks like interior cleaning, glass cleaning or wheel cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    I don't think there should be a problem. However, if there could be any possibility that the tar could harden (weird thought but could happen), the best thing to do is to test them after you wash them.

If they scratch or leavy any undesirable marks, they can still work for other tasks like interior cleaning, glass cleaning or wheel cleaning
    thanks yeh i really dont think its enough tar to harden and do anything like i said i didnt even notice it untill i had one (from another room) in my right hand and stained one in left hand and even then its hard to tell its soo light.. i think i am going to give them one more go in the wash and see what hapens....i dont think it will matter but i wanted to get opinions of others ( kinda like 10 heads are better than 1 type thing)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a smoker and the only times I've had a towel discolor on me is when I do the interior windows of a person who is a smoker, but NEVER cleans their own window, or on my own car when it's been a bad winter and I can't clean the windows because the cleaner just freezes up before I can wipe. I don't have any problems down the road with those towels, but I always wash then afterwards and use then pretty much exclusively on the glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't use them on paint, what with the chances for melanoma and all.
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic