autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: washing!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation washing!?!

hey guys i got 1 more question for every one... i tried to was a couple pads by hand most came out ok but the black finnesing pad still has wax on it i did it twice with warm water and dawn soap...is there any tricks or any specific type of spray or cleaner that will get the wax and polish out??? i saw a DIY washer made from a 5 gal. bucket i amd going out in a lil while and might check out home depot to see what they got and how hard it will be to make this so i am not sure if i will still be doing it with this or still by hand but either way i need to know what kind of soap to use? any suggestions? or if i dont end up making the washer and tips on how to get them clean by hand.....it is important to keep clean right i was told old dried wax can scratch paint when you do the next section if its not c lean right? thanks ahead of time

Post Thanks / Like

Re: washing!?!

For what it's worth to you, i keep my LSP pads dedicated to one product. Sure, i clean them after every use but i don't really worry about getting every last remnant of that product from the pad and are more concerned with insuring i get all of what i used to clean it out. When i pull it out again, that same LSP product is going right back into it.

If you use different LSP's on the same pad i would probably get a little more aggressive with cleaning. Maybe a few spritzes of APC or Iso Alcohol after your Dawn wash.

And rinse THOROUGHLY.

Post Thanks / Like

ok i am not using the pad (the one i cant get clean) with any product but when i clean it seems like its clean but when it dries u can see some dried wax on it some one had told me this dried wax can cause scratches the next time i use the pad

Post Thanks / Like

APC is what you should try, just be careful with that as depending on the APC and the pad, the Velcro adhesive could be affected.

Post Thanks / Like

Compounds and polishes wash out of pads easily ... waxes on the other hand are being more and more designed to resist soaps and detergents. I would try cleaning them as best as you can, then storing them in a sealed plastic bag. This should prevent the wax from drying or hardening in the pad. This is the reason I wax my cars by hand, I don't want to "ruin" a pad by infusing it with wax.