autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel like idiot. Let a girl pass and she stopped so i moved little more and grazed a car but damage is not big

Just not sure how to fix this. Cant see it from distance unless closing in but makes me go crazy. I really wanna touch this up but what do i do is it fixable? The gray part is just plastic and ill just get new part for that or wrap it. But the white portion you can see. Really lightly nicked car in front of me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like idiot. Let a girl pass and she stopped so i moved little more and grazed a car but damage is not big

Pictures??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like idiot. Let a girl pass and she stopped so i moved little more and grazed a car but damage is not big

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Pictures??

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell if there are any cracks in the paint but assuming not... Looks like the vertical portion will polish out and the horizontal piece looks like an easy touch-up.

Discerning Paint Chip Touch-Up; Not for Everyone or Every Chip

If the paint did crack, then repairing and repainting the bumper is the only fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I can't tell if there are any cracks in the paint but assuming not... Looks like the vertical portion will polish out and the horizontal piece looks like an easy touch-up.

If the paint did crack, then repairing and repainting the bumper is the only fix.
    How can i tell if its crack?

If it is i saw youtube where do like wet sand in this area etc is that what you mean by repair?

What horizontal part and you mean touchip with just paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Discerning Paint Chip Touch-Up; Not for Everyone or Every Chip

Also i know those meguiars like scratch x are only fillers and disguising. So not sure what to use to polish i have a da porter cable and some cutting pads and waxing pads too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    How can i tell if its crack?
    Visually inspect it.

If it is i saw youtube where do like wet sand in this area etc is that what you mean by repair?
    I mean whatever it takes to remove the cracked paint and then prepare the area for refinishing.

What horizontal part and you mean touchip with just paint?
    The horizontal splitter or whatever you want call it below the light. Touch up as described in the attached link.

Post Thanks / Like

Also i know those meguiars like scratch x are only fillers and disguising. So not sure what to use to polish i have a da porter cable and some cutting pads and waxing pads too

ScratchX is not a filler... Used appropriately it will remove defects.

I'd be doing all of the polishing by hand. You're working on edges and any machine, including a DA, can be risky in those areas.

9. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Visually inspect it.

I mean whatever it takes to remove the cracked paint and then prepare the area for refinishing.

The horizontal splitter or whatever you want call it below the light. Touch up as described in the attached link.
    I see so ill take some magnifying glasses and see cracks

If it doesnt have cracks im guessing clear coat and paint still got rubbed off a bit .. if that happened im guessing need to repair and touchup right wetsand etc

Post Thanks / Like

Visually inspect it.

I see the gray part. That can be taken out and wrapped which i was gonna do or replace which is removable

If i use hand with scratch x and see it remove the black marks it mean its restored? If black marks show it means time for wet sand and retouch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast