autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like idiot. Let a girl pass and she stopped so i moved little more and grazed a car but damage is not big

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    ScratchX is not a filler... Used appropriately it will remove defects.

I'd be doing all of the polishing by hand. You're working on edges and any machine, including a DA, can be risky in those areas.
    Why is using a DA polisher a bad idea even at maybe low-speed could it potentially make the paint more crack or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like idiot. Let a girl pass and she stopped so i moved little more and grazed a car but damage is not big

The gray part... Is that a matte finish? I didn't realize that initially. If so, then the touch up method I suggested may not work as any polishing will alter the gloss level. Removing it and repainting is probably the best choice.

For the other area, if the ScratchX removes the black smudges, then yes, it is restored. Don't expect the smudges to magically disappear with the ScratchX though... It may take a little effort.

If you can't remove the smudges with the ScratchX, then my suggestion would be to see a body shop and have the bumper cover refinished... Or live with it as is. It's too large an area for a simple touch-up.

Post Thanks / Like

There are two issues I see with trying to remove those smudges with a DA...

First, it is hard to keep the pad rotating on an edge like that, and then, if you can keep the pad rotating you risk rubbing through on the edge.

You will have much better control working that area by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

You could wrap that bumper part. Or, since you don't need to match body paint, it should be easy to remove and respray.

Wrapping that would be like wrapping a mirror. Not the easiest thing to do. Make sure you post heat to manuf specs if you stretch one piece over it. You may want to look at some Justin Pate videos on Youtube.

I think I would just repaint it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    The gray part... Is that a matte finish? I didn't realize that initially. If so, then the touch up method I suggested may not work as any polishing will alter the gloss level. Removing it and repainting is probably the best choice.

For the other area, if the ScratchX removes the black smudges, then yes, it is restored. Don't expect the smudges to magically disappear with the ScratchX though... It may take a little effort.

If you can't remove the smudges with the ScratchX, then my suggestion would be to see a body shop and have the bumper cover refinished... Or live with it as is. It's too large an area for a simple touch-up.
    You mean the whole bumper front repainted . Hmm maybe down the road when more scratches build

Should have not been so chivalry to the lady passing lol

Is there anything better then scratch x to use by hand? Ill try scratch x first since its laying around somewhere

Im sure hard to see after i do that but just makes me upset lol

Post Thanks / Like

You know what. Scratch what I said about wrapping it in one piece. Looking at your pictures again - way too difficult. Paint it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    You know what. Scratch what I said about wrapping it in one piece. Looking at your pictures again - way too difficult. Paint it.
    Wrapping seems easier. You can take the gray part out or i can just buy it. Must be cheaper then repainting it too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Should have not been so chivalry
    to the lady passing lol
    IMO:
    Don’t ever change that mannerism.

•Nowadays, there seem to be a lot of people
    that are saying to: “let Chivalry die”.

(To say that I wholeheartedly disagree with
    that proposition would be putting it mildly.)

Long live Chivalry!
    And Politeness. And Courtesenous.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

9. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrapping seems easier. You can take the gray part out or i can just buy it. Must be cheaper then repainting it too

You're underestimating the angles there. Unless you do it in two pieces or make a relief cut on the bottom, I don't think you'll have much luck. But you can try. I would use Avery Dennison wrap if you do. For small pieces, use MetroRestyling as a price to beat.

You could get a rattle can color to match and a can of 2k clear for not too much if you don't have a good spray gun. Your situation is like the best scenario for using a rattle can.

This guy has good content:

Painting your Car with Spray Paint! - YouTube

How to FIX Badly Damaged Paint using Spray Cans! - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I was looking for pictures of the girl.

12. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12