autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Compound selection after 2000 grit

Quote Originally Posted by JT Moto View Post
    Shortly after this post I tested positive for COVID so I won’t know until Monday when I get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Stay safe Bro. From the looks of your avatar, you wore a mask and still got Covid19.

2. Thanks JT Moto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a chance to work over some body shop cars over the last couple of days. The 3D compound blew me away! I used it with a variety of pads and machines and it was phenomenal.

Flex rotary, Orbital, and pixie made fast work of everything. I can’t tell you how much time I saved in two days!

Turns out I ordered the wrong Menzerna compounds, I ordered the ceramic compound that’s generally for Mercedes ceramic clear coat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JT Moto View Post
    Had a chance to work over some body shop cars over the last couple of days. The 3D compound blew me away! I used it with a variety of pads and machines and it was phenomenal.

Flex rotary, Orbital, and pixie made fast work of everything. I can’t tell you how much time I saved in two days!
    Autogeekonline mobile app
    Good deal! Ya that 3D ACA 500 is nothing short of amazing and finishes down insanely nice, all things considered.

You really wouldn't think a product would have any business being able to cut like that but also finish down as nice as it does.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    Good deal! Ya that 3D ACA 500 is nothing short of amazing and finishes down insanely nice, all things considered.

You really wouldn't think a product would have any business being able to cut like that but also finish down as nice as it does.
    Yeah, I’m going to mess with it some more and see the versatility of it a bit more. I can see it being a go to for body shop work.

Post Thanks / Like

Summer of 02 I was working for a Nissan Dealership and the GM found out I knew how to cut and buff. I mistakenly showed him my work and then next week I had 2 trucks of damaged paint vehicles from the auction and spent the rest of the summer polishing cars in Annapolis heat with no AC.

ACA 500 is awesome, go big pads and plow through things. Remember they are auction cars. Balance your labor/cost.

7. Likes JT Moto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 627PCFan View Post
    Summer of 02 I was working for a Nissan Dealership and the GM found out I knew how to cut and buff. I mistakenly showed him my work and then next week I had 2 trucks of damaged paint vehicles from the auction and spent the rest of the summer polishing cars in Annapolis heat with no AC.

ACA 500 is awesome, go big pads and plow through things. Remember they are auction cars. Balance your labor/cost.
    Well those trucks have come and gone and I ended up using car pro ultra cut and it made fast work of it.

ACA 500 worked well but the ultra cut was worth the extra cost in the time that it saved me.

Even though they went to auction they still had to pass an inspection so I’m glad I didn’t cut too many corners. I had a C8 rejected because the bottom of a rocker panel had orange peel Compound selection after 2000 grit

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

9. Likes 627PCFan liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12