autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Mike Phillips

Re: Fell for the sales pitch - Griots Garage Orbital

Quote Originally Posted by DEwalt View Post

Hey Mike, what products do you use for your 3 step?

Well for last weekend's Griot's class we used all of the BOSS compounds and polishes.

For the 3D class 2 weeks before the Griot's class we used all 3D products.

For the New Jersey class 2 weeks before the 3D class we used TONS of brands.

So the answer is - it depends on the venue AND I only use and teach products that use great abrasive technology. That IS the most important factor when it comes to polishing paint.

Quote Originally Posted by DEwalt View Post

I hope to one day enroll in your class. I'm sure it's worth every dollar.

What is the closest class around the central KY area.

I keep info about ALL classes on the bottom of the forum homepage, this includes,

Our big 3-day classes here
    Our 2-day roadshow classes
    Our 2-day boat detailing classes

Here's a map - this is also on the bottom of the forum homepage - the only city not listed is Colorado, I'll be teaching a class with Jason Rose at RUPES in Colorado in September

Hope to see you at a future class...

2. Thanks DEwalt thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, DEwalt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    D300 is an AIO? I thought D300 was a compound specifically formulated to work with microfiber pads and D301 was their AIO that you followed it up with? If that’s true that’s wild, lol. I had no idea.

On the topic of DAs - I only have a meguiars mt300, which has never really failed at removing anything for me. Just a standard 8mm throw, nothing special.

I’ve compounded out some pretty tough paints, the hardest being a VW Jetta for my friend before she sold it. A microfiber pad paired with some D300 did wonders and probably got her about 85-90% of the way there. I imagine that a 21mm throw machine would absolutely obliterate the defects, which makes me really want to have one (but I don’t need one, lol.)

I’ve also had really good success with Fast Correcting Cream, Ultimate Compound, and Pinnacle Advanced Compound with microfiber pads.

I’d love to see before and after pictures of your truck after you go over it with your rotary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a compound, but it finishes really, really well. In fact, I never feel a need to follow up with a polish. When you do, you can get more gloss but D300's finish is really glossy and I really doubt any client would complain about the look of the paint after using D300 alone.

It's designed to work with microfiber pads, but I use it with foam all the time. Maybe some other compound would do a better job on foam, but D300 works well enough.

4. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i have 3 GG6 machines now and i use them basically daily. without reading through all these old post but i know someone said that knowldge or machine and product come into play and i feel that it does. while it might not cut AS FAST it will cut. i have not in all my years in detailing come across a job that i could not complete do to lack of machine power. i have an array or pads and products to ensure i have everything at my disposale to hand everything to include sanding marks. now if things are to far gone they are to far gone and DA or rotary its not gonna work. sorry i was just called off to look at something and lost my train of thought so hopefully that makes sense.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567