autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish

Are Sonax CutMax and Perfect Finish OK to be used in a 2-step scenario, or either one individually based on the condition of the job at hand. I originally thought the former, but after reading more on it I'm starting to doubt myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish

Should work fine as a two-step and look great.

I would probably follow up Cutmax with some type of polish though to refine the finish and not use it just by itself. If you like how it finishes on it’s own, then go with it.

Perfect Finish on it’s own is fine if that gets the job done Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish

You could also check out Sonax Cut & Finish for a one-step with more aggressive cut than Perfect Finish.

A test spot will give you your answer Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish

Thanks for your input, it is valued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

I would probably follow up Cutmax with some type of polish though to refine the finish and not use it just by itself. If you like how it finishes on it’s own, then go with it.

Perfect Finish on it’s own is fine if that gets the job done Sonax CutMax & Sonax Perfect Finish

You could also check out Sonax Cut & Finish for a one-step with more aggressive cut than Perfect Finish.

This is a perfect description. Then you test with different pads the level of cut you want. The Perfect Finish could be used as an one step with a quite aggressive pad and still finish great. But PF as a last step with a finishing pad get you an awesome finish. So very hard to decide which combo is great for your car. That's why the test spot comes to get you the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Cut Max is a very good compound. Used it a couple times and it has good cut, a good finish and virtually no dusting. Working time is also good. I think you will enjoy it.

Perfect Finish is a nice polish as well. Nice working time and nice finish. Has a good amount of cut if someone is looking for a one step polish to remove minor to moderate defects. The only complaint I have is that it tends to be dusty. Designed for a rotary but works well with a DA.

EX 04-06 is nice as well. This was designed to work with a DA. Very similar to Perfect Finish. Seems to have a little less cut compared to Perfect Finish. From experience this does not dust.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

Definitely agree on cut & finish. Great one step compounding polish that is pretty versatile. Leaves a good finish as well and no dusting from my experience.

7. Likes dlc95, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are good 2 step compound and polish, but Menzerna 400 and 3800 is a hard combo to beat. You can also get away with 400 as a one step.

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Sonax Cut Max is a very good compound. Used it a couple times and it has good cut, a good finish and virtually no dusting. Working time is also good. I think you will enjoy it.

Perfect Finish is a nice polish as well. Nice working time and nice finish. Has a good amount of cut if someone is looking for a one step polish to remove minor to moderate defects. The only complaint I have is that it tends to be dusty. Designed for a rotary but works well with a DA.

EX 04-06 is nice as well. This was designed to work with a DA. Very similar to Perfect Finish. Seems to have a little less cut compared to Perfect Finish. From experience this does not dust.

Definitely agree on cut & finish. Great one step compounding polish that is pretty versatile. Leaves a good finish as well and no dusting from my experience.
    When I finally order the Sonax stuff, I'll be getting the 04-06.

11. Likes The Guz liked this post