autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member Paint Correction God's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cutting with HF DA?

You can have the best polishers money can buy, but if you do not have a good system in place to work with that tool then your not going to get good results, The difference from a quality polisher and a low end polisher is going to be in the amount of passes need to make before removing defects in the finish. A harbor freight require 3-4 cycles before achieve the defect removal your looking to reach before finishing to where a quality machine would only take 3 passes and 1 cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paint Correction God View Post
    A harbor freight require 3-4 cycles before achieve the defect removal your looking to reach before finishing to where a quality machine would only take 3 passes and 1 cycle.
    So I’m guessing you consider the GG6, Meguiars MT300, Porter Cable, and every other 8mm polisher to be low quality and basically inadequate for any kind of actual defect removal eh? Because I know for a fact from having used all those polishers and then some that they’re all more alike than not.

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So I’m guessing you consider the GG6, Meguiars MT300, Porter Cable, and every other 8mm polisher to be low quality and basically inadequate for any kind of actual defect removal eh? Because I know for a fact from having used all those polishers and then some that they’re all more alike than not.
    Well if you read my post correctly you will see that I’m stating that you can get the job done with any polisher out there, it’s just going to take longer and be less comfortable.

Crystal Clear Detailing
    - Facebook: facebook.com/CCAutoDetail/
    - Instagram: @paintcorrectiongod
    - Email: Ccservicesx@gmail.com
    Instagram: @PaintcorrectionGod

Follow the fun! over 3,000 others are!

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting with HF DA?

Well if you read my post correctly you will see that I’m stating that you can get the job done with any polisher out there, it’s just going to take longer and be less comfortable.

Crystal Clear Detailing
    In the 4yrs of owning the HF polisher I’ve never not once experienced a time when I had to do 3-4 polishing cycles to remove defects and something like the GG6 could’ve done it in 1. And no it doesn’t vibrate more either...

I know that mentioning, let alone praising the HF polisher is frowned upon here, but that’s such a bogus statement.

Post Thanks / Like

In the 4yrs of owning the HF polisher I’ve never not once experienced a time when I had to do 3-4 polishing cycles to remove defects and something like the GG6 could’ve done it in 1. And no it doesn’t vibrate more either...

I know that mentioning, let alone praising the HF polisher is frowned upon here, but that’s such a bogus statement.
    No point in moving forward with this conversation, obviously your not getting the point... and how did any of the Griot’s line of polishers come into this lol? Anyway good night sir.

Crystal Clear Detailing
    Instagram: @PaintcorrectionGod

Follow the fun! over 3,000 others are!

Post Thanks / Like

Cutting with HF DA?

No point in moving forward with this conversation, obviously your not getting the point... and how did any of the Griot’s line of polishers come into this lol? Anyway good night sir.

Crystal Clear Detailing
    I’ll admit that I was wrong to bring the GG6 into this... It’s just not everyday that I see someone makes a blanket statement of basically calling all 8mm polishers “low end” vs. large throw polishers being “high quality”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s basically what you’re saying, is it not?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll admit that I was wrong to bring the GG6 into this... It’s just not everyday that I see someone makes a blanket statement of basically calling all 8mm polishers “low end” vs. large throw polishers being “high quality”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s basically what you’re saying, is it not?
    It's because the whole statement regarding having a good system contradicts the part about "low end" polishers needing more passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I don't know much, but those might work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Repeated linking and recommendations of products not available through Autogeek.com may result in a permanent ban.

Thanks for understanding, I know you're just trying to buff stuff out but there is a company that pays the bills around here and it's no Amazon, or eBay or Harbor Freight.
    I appreciate you not giving me the axe just yet.. I actually reread my post, after I made it and hoped it didn't sound like an advertisement. I have no knowledge nor have I ever used their product. Ran across a YouTube video and thought I'd give it a shot.

I appreciate your suggestions about the GG6. I'll consider it.

You can have the best polishers money can buy, but if you do not have a good system in place to work with that tool then your not going to get good results, The difference from a quality polisher and a low end polisher is going to be in the amount of passes need to make before removing defects in the finish. A harbor freight require 3-4 cycles before achieve the defect removal your looking to reach before finishing to where a quality machine would only take 3 passes and 1 cycle.
    Lots of choices out there.. I really don't have a budget in terms of affordability, but it seems counter productive to go buy the best when I may only use it a couple times a year. Also seems silly to buy the worst if it's a clear failure in the making.

I unfortunately have a 1,500' gravel driveway, so uber detailing sometimes goes by the wayside on my daily drivers. I do have a couple weekend toys that would enjoy the treatment though..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12