autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Holograms on Mazda 3 paint

Hey Guys,
    Looking to do a two on a 2016 Mazda 3 Deep Blue Mica daily driver. It has complimentary dealer installed holograms. I have a few RIDS to spot compound out, the rest is all spider webs and holograms. I will be finishing up with Essence for the final polish and LSP for the durability and easy upkeep. I have a few polishes in mind but wanted to get some advice before I grabbed some product. I do have some that I was going to tinker with but I do not have a medium cut polish or aggressive/pad dependent finishing polish on hand. Due to being sick with a neurological disease I'm seeking something user friendly easy to minimize the toll on my body. I don't want to go with an AIO because of the lack of durability. It's something fun to keep me busy and out of the house when the weather is good.

Thanks in advance
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holograms on Mazda 3 paint

I have a car in that exact colour. The paint is soft. Not as soft as Toyota paint I've found but something like Sonax cut and finish works great, especially if you follow up with essence. Essence is not that durable on its own as a LSP so I'd follow up with something else.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a very good experience with Meguiars D300. Even though it is designed to work with microfiber it worked great on foam LC force pads. Removed swirls and finished down excellent (fairly soft paint, I guess no harder than mazda's). As an alternative you can give sonax perfect finish and try, I think it should work good as well. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

D300 was on my list along with Cut & Finish. I'm going to seal it with Prima Epic. I thank you for your help I know Cut & Finish should knock them out.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Just to clarify, I was talking about perfect finish. I haven't had a chance to use cut and finish. I think PF is more of a finishing polish as opposed to cut and finish being a compound (don't quote me on that). Forgot to mention that D300 is 0 dust compound and extremely easy to remove ( almost like to 205). The only cons I've seen with it that it stains that pads lol

cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Cut and finish is a perfect one step for mazda paint. It's not the softest paint I've come across but it's pretty soft. I've also used CG V32 on it as well and it did a decent job as well, but V32 has no other uses other than to cut through defects on soft paint.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inDetail View Post
    D300 was on my list along with Cut & Finish. I'm going to seal it with Prima Epic. I thank you for your help I know Cut & Finish should knock them out.
    Sonax Cut & Finish is a very nice product. It is pad dependent so it's correction can be adjusted. Finishes out really nice as well. I would also agree that Essence needs some sort of topper but it seems like you already have Prima Epic which seems like a sealant. If not the other product I would recommend is Gyeon CanCoat along with a prep spray such as Gyeon Prep, CarPro Eraser, GTechniq Panel Wipe. Gyeon CanCoat is a mini coating. This could possibly work over essence.