A few days ago my new car got rubbed by another car in a parking lot. Some light scratches and a few chips with no denting. Also, the plastic trim on the rear wheel was scuffed too. The offender in the other car damaged my car and split. Looked for parking lot video, but I wasn't parked near a camera. So I've resolved to fix this myself. I've done scratch work on my previous used cars. Acceptable work, but not perfect. I used products that were likely inferior to products recommended on this site.

Since its still winter, I was thinking about just protecting the area from the elements. I know that cold weather affects touch up paint and/or clear coat. I'd like to do the work when the weather is avg 65 or better.

The area is not too damaged and one needs to get close to see the damage. There are some scratches and a few tiny chips where I can get my finger nail into. Should I clean the area and use a little clear coat? Can I use a hair dryer to speed the drying in the colder weather? Or should I use a wax and/or paint sealant?

Also what would the detailers here do about the scuffed trim? Are there products that remove scuff marks from plastic? Or should I just remove and replace the piece with new trim? The new trim part is $45.

Thank you.