Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum. I have a Cyclo 5 Pro that I've been using with Adam's polishes and pads. I've had great results with this setup removing swirls / scratches. However, I recently decided that I want to tackle the orange peel on both of my vehicles, a 2004 Nissan Armada and a 2004 Pontiac GTO. My plan is to do the Armada first, get the technique down, and then do the GTO.

I recently ordered a Rupes TA50 and picked up some 2" buffing pads, 1 1/4" buffing pads, and a 32mm backing plate from Kevin Brown. This will be for tighter areas and edging.

I also ordered a 3M 20324 random orbital sander, 3M 6" foam interface pad, and a 25 pack of the 3M 02088 Trizact 1500 sanding discs. This should cover the rest.

This brings me to my question: the 3M 20324 has a 5/16" throw, would I have been better off ordering the 3M 28501 with a 3/32" throw? This sander will be used 100% for damp sanding only. Will the 5/16" throw be too aggressive? I haven't even received the sander yet, so I can definitely return it (Amazon) if need be. I just want to make sure I have the right tools for the job.

I'm also going to be trying the Menzerna FG400 instead of the Adam's Paint Correcting Polish this time around, mainly due to price. At $19.99 for a 8 oz bottle of Adam's (only size they offer now), that's $2.50 per oz. Compare that to $43.49 for a 32 oz bottle of FG400 at $1.36 per oz. That's a no brainer. I'm looking forward to using the FG400 and comparing the two.

That's it for now, thanks for reading. Here are a few pics of my Armada and GTO: