autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question on wolfgang uber AIO

hey guys. recently purchased a bottle of wolfgang AIO from autogeek, Used it to buff my mothers 2009 maxima which hasnt been detailed in years.(i washed clayed then used AIO) I used a griots dual action buffer with yellow chem guys hex pad. While the shine was beautiful, i couldnt get rid of scratches for the life of me. I bought the AIO knowing I wasnt going to get a perfect detail but i would expect the scratches to somewhat go away. Looking at autogeeks polish chart it shows wolfgang's AIO as a 7 on the heavyness chart..so my question is..is that legit info? This is my first time doing a full detail by myself so maybe it was user error. I buffed at level 4 on the griots buffer.(i was hesitant to go faster) While the oxidation immediately went away scratches and etched bird poop were still there regardless of how many passes I did.
    any input would be greatly appreciated, again im a beginner so take it easy on me ha.

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick question on wolfgang uber AIO

thats why we do test spots and try various products, what works for some may not be best for you as an individual! Did you do correct section passes, did you work the polish correctly? Its your first detail so there might have be some things not done right, which we all do and did but the way, so maybe thats it too. Maybe try something more aggressive next time, or change speed and pad combo, see if that works. Test spots and multiple products and pads make it easier.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used Uber AIO once so far but used it side by side with Optimum Poli-Seal. I am somewhat new to using AIOs but I felt the same way that I though it would have cut more considering where it is placed on the chart. It may have been user error on my part. Uber AIO is very thin and maybe I used to much product? To me it seemed to cut about the same as Poli-Seal, but this was only a one time comparison.

By design, AIOs are for removing light swirls and adding gloss, but because they need to finish out well, they cannot be too aggressive.

Oh, and don't do like I did and check to see how it beads right after application, it will kill your durability. This one reason I like Optimums products, they don't seem to be affected by water and can actually be used with water in some cases.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Is speed 4 on a griots buffer good for the Wolfgang aio? Or should I turn her up more. I plan on trying it on my Lexus next week (not as bad paint so maybe it will work better)

Post Thanks / Like

I've only used that one time on my hood and once on my riding mower. I'm sure I had my Duetto cranked up and don't remember any problems. I know some compounds will dry out on me at higher settings, but the thin, kinda oily Uber AIO should be fine. You might need to go higher to get better/quicker results.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a difficult time using this product. I have used Wolfgang products before with very good results.
    I used this product recently and followed directions and had a lot of difficulty buffing this product off.
    I was not to happy, not sure what I did wrong. Used Porter Cable to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

I experienced something similar with HD speed and an Orange pad on a GG DA. It did correct and produce a nice finish but definitely not swirl-free as it seems to be advertised. I also tried a pink pad.

Looking forward to some of the responses here as i feel the products are likely similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about the pads mentioned above, but AIO's in general can have their level of cut moderated by the type of pad. Try using a cutting pad with Uber AIO to increase teh cutting ability. A polishing pad will have less cut. Keep in mind as mentioned above, no AIO is going to have the cut of a compound, but there are plenty of reviews of different AIO's that have been very successful at removing maybe 75% of defects and making dramatic improvements in the finish.

For Uber AIO, also should be wiped off maybe a minute after you finish the section. In my experience with it, I found it very easy to wipe off. Do not let it sit on the paint.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I dont know about the pads mentioned above, but AIO's in general can have their level of cut moderated by the type of pad. Try using a cutting pad with Uber AIO to increase teh cutting ability. A polishing pad will have less cut. Keep in mind as mentioned above, no AIO is going to have the cut of a compound, but there are plenty of reviews of different AIO's that have been very successful at removing maybe 75% of defects and making dramatic improvements in the finish.

For Uber AIO, also should be wiped off maybe a minute after you finish the section. In my experience with it, I found it very easy to wipe off. Do not let it sit on the paint.
    I used the chemical guys yellow pad which in descrip said heavy cutting. it was the toughest pad that came in the pack

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are expecting to much from an AIO. AIO's are just that" all in ones" meaning they do each step ok but they aren't the be all to end all. If you want want 90% + correction you'll need to get into the polishing phase.

HD Speed rocks!

I haven't used Uber AIO so no comment.

Menz 3-n-1 yes, but I prefer Speed.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast