autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Must use car cover daily. Recommendations for best way to protect the finish.

Sounds to me like your dad or his GF how ever it works out is very controlling, I would have STRONGLY advised my daughter NOT to take this deal. If he is under 18 then he still should be living by your rules and you should be able to have had him not do this. It's your job to advise him to make intelligent decisions and this IMO is NOT an intelligent decision.

Please take this as advice for the future not me standing on a soapbox trying to be a JERK.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Must use car cover daily. Recommendations for best way to protect the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Sounds to me like your dad or his GF how ever it works out is very controlling, I would have STRONGLY advised my daughter NOT to take this deal. If he is under 18 then he still should be living by your rules and you should be able to have had him not do this. It's your job to advise him to make intelligent decisions and this IMO is NOT an intelligent decision.

Please take this as advice for the future not me standing on a soapbox trying to be a JERK.
    Hmmm...no criticizing my father-in-law, my parenting skills, and my son's judgement doesn't make me think you are a jerk.

Failing to add any useful content or assist with your opinion ON THE ACTUAL QUESTION ASKED does.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot about these "car covers"
    (there are both indoor, and outdoor models):

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry. Truly.

I think that it is going to be VERY VERY unrealistic to put a cover on a car every single day without causing more damage than just putting a good coating or keeping some wax on it. Just as we always advise I think there is some more work setting expectations and educating all involved with the benefits of coatings or keeping a car protected with a sealant or wax.

As everyone else said a cover is gonna make a mess being that its outside and could be put on wet or taken off wet then growing mold and mold on the paint, sand getting under/in the cover, etc etc etc.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i bought myself a 5 layer car cover from Car Covers | Lifetime Warranty Free Shipping | Call 1-800-288-5844

i am super satisfied for now!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd utilize a waterless wash instead of a QD. Obviously I don't care for waterless washes much, so I'd utilize a rinseless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willissom1 View Post
    I'd utilize a waterless wash instead of a QD. Obviously I don't care for waterless washes much, so I'd utilize a rinseless wash.
    So you recommend a waterless wash, but you don't care for a waterless wash, so you recommend a rinseless wash. Got it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    So you recommend a waterless wash, but you don't care for a waterless wash, so you recommend a rinseless wash. Got it!
    It seems to me he was just prioritizing his preference, in order, rinseless, waterless, QD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123