autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's Products for my Shower

Sometimes, there are solutions to household issues to be found in automotive products.

I have clear untextured shower doors in my bathroom. No matter how often I clean them, they do end up getting hard or soap water stains. This weekend I took to giving them and my bathtub a good detail. It does not seem any glass cleaner or household cleaner ever does much for those hard water spots on glass, at least not in my experience. Enter in McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restorer. I used this by hand with a terry cloth towel and it cut right through the water spots with ease. It has a mild citrus scent so working it was not unpleasant. The residue wiped off effortlessly.

McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restorer removes etched water spots from auto glass and restores perfect clarity. Apply with a polisher or

I after cleaning the doors with McKee's 37 Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner is safe on all tinted windows. Instead of alcohol or ammonia, McKee's 37 Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner contains , I applied Nanoskin Rain which I have found to be more durable than RainX on my cars, so hopefully that will also be true for my shower doors.

I then cleaned my tub and applied McKee's 37 Fast Wax, Carnauba spray wax, spray car wax, detailing wax. I love to see the water bead when I take a shower ( I know, Im crazy) and keeping the tub protected also makes it easier to clean.

I guess consider these car detailer life hacks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's Products for my Shower

I'd be cautious applying wax of any kind to the tub bottom. Sounds like a slip-N-fall waiting to happen.
    I know what you mean though about car care products being used for other applications and working better than anything actually geared for the task.
    I restored my cultured marble vanities using my DA, Meg's UC and UP. They look better than they did when I bought the house.
    Twice a year I molest every piece of lacquered furniture in the house with polish applied with my DA of course. I then follow that up with Johnson's Paste wax hand applied (that's some crazy thick/hard stuff) then buffed to an insane shine that could withstand golfing spikes without any scratches. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Lime away will get rid of water spots on doors with much less effort. I use a ptfe polish on the shower wall on the boat I work on,beads nice and cleans much easier. But nothing on the floor,too slick to stand on while wet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have these kind of doors and I feel your pain.... Until I discovered this miracle product:

I thought of using all kinds of products as well, until I tried this stuff. Simply spray down your shower after each shower. You will never have a single water spot or have to clean your shower again. This difference between using this and not is remarkable.

Start with a clean shower - and if you use this stuff religiously you will never even have to wipe it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

All those products, Lime Away etc have phosphoric acid, that's what dissolves the hard water.

I have the best product on the planet but it's not available to consumers. Spartan Foamy Q & A, it's awesome on shower doors and soap scum.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys are talking about ways to remove the water spots. For that I used distilled vinegar on a Magic Eraser.

The Tilex stuff I am talking about makes it so you never have water spots or have to clean the shower. It's best to start with a clean shower (duh?)...

But I'm telling you his stuff is a miracle product when used after EVERY shower and your shower will stay showroom new without ever cleaning it.

I love this stuff so much I always keep 2 bottles in the shower.

If they made something that worked this well for cars I would buy it by the gallon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Daily squeegee, spotless results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Roman shower and have zero doors!