autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What am i missing?

As you can see within my picture I am getting this hazing effect after a 4 step polish using chem guys v series (all 4) and 4 pads with rupes 15 lhr not sure what stage needs more polishing to get rid of the haze? any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What am i missing?-2016-03-19-12-18-40-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What am i missing?

What kind of car is this? What pads are you using? Have you tried any different compounds/polishes?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hex logic quantum pads on an Audi A7

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Orange with 32 white with 34 blue with 36 black finish

Post Thanks / Like

How many passes, and at what speed is your machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using a lot of spray water?

Post Thanks / Like

The cutting step, it seems, is not working. It also seems that the pressure you're putting is a bit too much, you are starting to burn the corners. It looks like marrying inflicted by wool with a rotary.
    CG V series is not a mature product, to put it mildly. I would use Menzerna FG400 or HD Cut. Audi usually has hard clearcoat, therefore, the cutting stage is very important to get it right, or else you overload the following stages.
    I think, imho, the biggest problem is your choice of polishing compounds; Menzerna is the way to go with german cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    The cutting step, it seems, is not working. It also seems that the pressure you're putting is a bit too much, you are starting to burn the corners. It looks like marrying inflicted by wool with a rotary.
    CG V series is not a mature product, to put it mildly. I would use Menzerna FG400 or HD Cut. Audi usually has hard clearcoat, therefore, the cutting stage is very important to get it right, or else you overload the following stages.
    I think, imho, the biggest problem is your choice of polishing compounds; Menzerna is the way to go with german cars.
    You can't go wrong with Menz FG400. The hex logic pads from CG are crap too.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    You can't go wrong with Menz FG400. The hex logic pads from CG are crap too.
    I def agree on that one, one pad fell apart after one whole car I pretty much followed their instructions 1 pass slow to spread then 3 passes at max speed mid pressure till product became clear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    Agreed. IMO that's mostly likey just products that aren't doing a damn thing or possibly poor technique. I'd wager on the products. I mean come on... 4 steps these days? Products have come such a long way that you barely need 2 anymore. FG400 is what you need. It puts everything else to shame.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast