autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshield wiper blades

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I clean mine with Erasor and use to protect them with Reload, but now I clean them and put Forte on (3 coats). Polishing the glass and coating for Forte will give you MAJOR longevity on your wipers.
    It definitely makes the blades last longer that's if you will ever use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It definitely makes the blades last longer that's if you will ever use them.
    Ok - I need a lesson in Erasor and Reload and Forte- haven't heard of them. I am new to detailing.
    2014 Mustang GT Premium Rag Top California Special Race Car Red with Black Top 5.0 Liter V8 with power to spare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTgirl View Post
    Has anybody used this on their blades? I have some on backorder and planing on putting it on all the rubber on the car - keep it soft and pliable - would it work on wiper blades?

einszett 914806 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz
    I just used this on all the seals on my car a couple minutes ago.

Honestly, there is no need to add something to the inserts. Just clean them every time you wash the car and then replace them when you need to.

I believe the Einszett would not be good on these anyway, there is a film left on the rubber that I go back and wipe off after letting the product soak in. I would imagine that this would leave streaks or residue on the windshield.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I also have heard of folks using teflon wiper blades?? Not sure what they are or if they are worth paying for. Also we will store our car in the winter and they say you should keep the blades off the windshield use a piece of sponge between the two or take of the wiper blades entirely and keep them in the house - anyone done this or have advice? TIA -
    I don't use 'Teflon blades', but I do use a chunk of sponge under the ARM (not the rubber part) when I put my truck to bed for "a long winters nap." Just helps the rubber from taking a cast.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I have been driving for a bit more than 30 years & I have never bought wiper blades. I treat all the glass like the paint. Clay bar & wax, rain doesn't stand a chance.
    what brand of wiper blades do you have? I've never heard of wiper blades that can last 3 or 4 years let alone 30 years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danieledwards12 View Post
    buy cheap ones and replace them every 3-4 months
    I was doing that here for years, buying the cheapos, and this desert environment I live in no doubt takes a heavy toll on any brand, no matter how expensive they are.

But the cheapies weren't lasting very long at all, and didn't work well straight from their packages. Always got gobs of wiper chatter, and didn't ever matter what I put on the glass, Aquapel, Rain-X, Sealants, WOWAs, nothing helped, and no matter also how I prepped the glass beforehand either.

Last time I sprung for a pair of Michelin Blades, and right away, better performance, no chatter, and they also seem to hold up better, and longer. So with that said, I do believe there is a difference in the rubber quality, even though most this stuff is all hailing from China.

I too always at least wipe when cleaning, and agree that CP Eraser seems to get more dirts off the rubber than just a glass cleaner. Maybe once and a blue moon, I might treat with CP Reload.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Ok - I need a lesson in Erasor and Reload and Forte- haven't heard of them. I am new to detailing.
    Car Pro Eraser to clean the blades and Car Pro Reload to protect the glass. Water will sheet off the glass at 40 mph or less depending on the angle of your windshield. I myself like Car Pro Forte, easy to apply and sheets water also at around 40 mph.
    Applied about 2 months ago, so don't know about durability.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wet naps that you get when out to eat at BWW or taking paper towels with a 50/50 solution of water and distilled white vinegar.

Post Thanks / Like

I use those little alcohol swabs from the pharmacy. A box of 200 for just a few bucks. The work great for cleaning blades. I just throw a handful in a ziplock in the glove box. Some will say it can prematurely decay the Rubber but I've not had a problem. I generally replace them in spring and fall anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you guys my story. I clean my wiper blades with the same car soap I wash my car. After 3 years of use (never changed them), on the first wipes during a rain, the performance is very poor, but after a few minutes they start to do their job really well, as they were new. I know you guys will say “You should change your wiper blades every year”, BUT... my friend has another car and lives in the same city I live and go through the same conditions I go, and his blades are perfect after 3 years of use. And I know he doesn’t do anything on his blades and is less careful with his car cleaning wise. Another point is that I watch tons of detailing videos from professionals and I never saw them doing anything to the wiper blades.
    To conclude, I feel that cleaning the blades ins’t very good for it’s longevity. Any comments on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast