autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best carpet/upholstery cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    This is an excellent and educated response. Too often, guys seek carpet cleaning advice from auto detailing forums, when, in most cases they should probably be going over to reputable carpet cleaning forums to learn the basics. That's not to say that there isn't good advice on AG.

APC's are the worst thing you can do for carpet.

As previously mentioned, chemistry is involved in reguards to cleaning carpet and especially when removing stains effectively.

APC's are generally a high PH product so there is a whole spectrum of stains that not only can't be removed, but that can also be permanently set by the high ph product.

Once you understand why tannin stains can more easily be removed by ph neutral or slightly acidic products, you'll be on your way to removing stains like a champ.

The same things goes and chemistry also applies to things like water rings, red stains, protein stains, dirt and grease stains.

Learn the chemistry first and then select product.

Generic, all purpose cleaners and spotters are not for the true enthusiast or professional detailer.

Next you have to move on to more advanced things like (previously mentioned) acid rinses, film forming and crystalizing encapsulation products, speciality product that are combined with heat etc. Good luck!
    Can you recommend any good forums?

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear, AG is an excellent forum. I love this forum and all the members, but naturally there are more in depth forums for carpet cleaning. I'll send you a pm.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a store and saw the rug doctor machines and next to them were Carpet stain removal sprays and liquids. They were like $10 up to 14.99 each.

Xtreme Auto

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an old thread but this thread helped immensely. I had some old soda and chocolate stains in the car that scotchguard oxy wasn't completely removing.

I did a google search and found this thead so I head to Home Depot and picked up a 32oz bottle of Folex for under $7.

The deeper stains took some scrubbing to get rid of but it took them right out, I was even shocked when I sprayed some on a stain located on the side of the head rest and literally watched it loosen up and drip down the side of the upholstery before my very eyes.

I'm planning on buying a little bissel steam cleaner to finish the job up instead of renting out a rug doctor.

Post Thanks / Like

You need a steamer and a heated extractor for that kind of job. The equipment is pretty expensive so I would just pay someone to do the cleaning job with the right tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh?
    Francesco

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs D106/D116 combo are excellent products indeed.

But... I'd suggest to anyone that is interested that you watch the YouTube training video several times before using those products. They are great though, as long as you've figured out your work flow.

Also, once you get them, familiarize yourself with how to mix the 'rinse' and don't make up more than you need. It's literally only good for a few hours, and the product isn't cheap.

Also, be VERY careful with D106 as it'll burn your fingerprints off! Well... maybe not 'off', but it'll turn any skin it gets on solid white and burn like heck! Getting it in your eyes and you'll end up with a seeing eye dog.

Still hard to beat Folex for the value however.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Just to be clear, AG is an excellent forum. I love this forum and all the members, but naturally there are more in depth forums for carpet cleaning. I'll send you a pm.
    I'm not sure if you ever provided another area for learning more about carpet or upholstery cleaning, but I am interested. I know that AG Forum is excellent, but there are still other areas for learning. I appreciate your approach, and recognize the chemistry involved with stain removal.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 303 upholstery cleaner/spot remover.

Post Thanks / Like

For those that use folex in steamers do you dilute or just use stright folex?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast