autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

RV Rubber Roof Cleaning

I have often used the specialty cleaners they sell for rubber roof cleaning and often times while rinsing it off I have seen it strip the wax/polish/sealant right off the back/sides which required re application. While I was on rv.net a person there stated he used vehicle soap on his roof for years. The light bulb lit up and I sent an email to duragloss to ask the question.

This is for a Dicor EDPM rubber roof. Do you know of any reason I could not use 902 wash soap on the rubber roof of my 5th wheel?. I have used the so called specialized cleaners for this before which left streaking on the sides with other waxes/polishes and required re polishing. The RV has been coated with 601/105 and I am hoping to get away from these so called cleaners and maybe the streaking that follows. If there is any streaking using 902 I would hope either Aqua Wax or 932 would clean it up and not harm the 601/105 that is on there now.

And the response
    David, You would not have to worry about streaking with the #902 car wash. This products is free-rinsing. The cleaners you used before were probably too harsh. I trust you are not using any silicone containing products on the roof. These will wash off when it rains and streak the windows and paint. Thank you

I am going to try it some time, Can't say when as it is 110-112 in the shade here now. I may have to wait till late October-November unless I go out at midnight when it cools down to 90.

If any one here gets a chance to test this system please let me know how it works out.
    I think it is amazing I never thought of trying this instead of the commercial roof cleaners.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RV Rubber Roof Cleaning

901 is an awesome product
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”