autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this write up, sharing your knowledge and taking your time to do this. I will use this write up for helping me with my detailing . The one thing that's difficult for me to do is working in small sections...I tend to try to do a big area, like 1/4 of a hood at a time, but I've only done clay barring, paint cleaning (P21S), and waxing. I'll force myself to do small sections next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy
    Thanks for this write up, sharing your knowledge and taking your time to do this. I will use this write up for helping me with my detailing . The one thing that's difficult for me to do is working in small sections...I tend to try to do a big area, like 1/4 of a hood at a time, but I've only done clay barring, paint cleaning (P21S), and waxing. I'll force myself to do small sections next time.

1/4 of the hood is fine. You can also split large panels into two.
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Would using Poorboy's spray and wipe and MF towel inbetween washes create swirls or scratches?

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks nice on the surface and it is informative, but you got those graphics, charts and some of the exact same wording + paragraphs from Meguiar's. Does Meguiar's mind that you're using their charts, graphics, their exact wording in some of your paragraphs, etc?

I see a lot of copy / paste going on here from someone elses work. I sure hope they don't mind. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I can see where you took a lot of this info, graphics, charts, etc, directly from the Meguiar's Online web site that Mike Phillips created.
    Last edited by qadsan; 03-22-2007 at 01:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qadsan
    It looks nice on the surface and it is informative, but you got those graphics, charts and some of the exact same wording + paragraphs from Meguiar's. Does Meguiar's mind that you're using their charts, graphics, their exact wording in some of your paragraphs, etc?

I see a lot of copy / paste going on here from someone elses work. I sure hope they don't mind. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I can see where you took a lot of this info, graphics, charts, etc, directly from the Meguiar's Online web site that Mike Phillips created.
    I had no intentions to "steal" anyones work. I used the larger 5 cycle picture, and the overlapping picture in the second topic. The clay bar and the paragaph after my photos is summed up. The writing that takes place in the two topics is 99% mine or re-worded AG information. Also all the photos are mine as well.

I don't see any copy/pasting from the Meguiars site. I used a few graphics and that was it. Please don't accuse me of stealing his work. I re-worked his idea into my own. If this is something that is going to get me in trouble, by using a few grpahics I will gladly take it down. I am not going to sell this and make any money. I posted this to share my knowledge and experience Mike has taught me. I was at the Roadshow in Tampa by the way. I'm not here to steal anyone's work.
    Last edited by nick19; 03-22-2007 at 04:19 AM.
    20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely written...I definately learned something from it that I will take to my efforts!

Oh yea AL417....funny sig, very true too!
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, I just seen this! Awesome bro! Thanks for putting this up, I know this will help a lot of people. I give this posts 5 stars.

Post Thanks / Like
    From Meguiars site:
    Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

The oils Meguiar's uses are also important in maintaining the original condition of the paint by filling in the naturally occurring microscopic pores and surface imperfections thus preventing detrimental substances and elements as simple as water, or worse, acid-rain, from entering into these pores and microscopic surface imperfections thus causing oxidation and chemical etching. These oils act to replace the original resins as they wear away through natural processes.
    From the post:
    The oils Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish uses are also important in maintaining the original condition of the paint by filling in the naturally occurring microscopic pores and surface imperfections thus preventing detrimental substances and elements as simple as water, or worse, acid-rain, from entering into these pores and microscopic surface imperfections thus causing oxidation and chemical etching. These oils act to replace the original resins as they wear away through natural processes.
    The above is one of many, many copy and pastes from the Meguiar's 5 step process. I am not trying to be mean. But this was way beyond just using graphics. It was replacing Meguiars product names into the post with XMT or Pinnacle. I know you meant well...

Mods feel free to do whatever you want with my post. You can delete, if you think I am over the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergie
    Mods feel free to do whatever you want with my post. You can delete, if you think I am over the top.
    I feel like Nick took the time to put on this forum a great how to, he is not getting paid for it, did it on his own time. What people do not realize on here is that posting a review or a how to, takes a lot of time. There are only a handful of members that do this often, I like many other members are very appreciative for it. Justin, Ed, Bradley and many others take time out of their day and donate to the members of this forum. No one gets paid, not many thank you's are handed out... at this rate we all just expect Justin to post at least two reviews a week. (By the way, THANK YOU Justin ) Please go easy on these guys, they are not financially benefiting from their knowledge and time. Just my $.02
    Just FYI, Justin told me one day it takes him about 30-45 mins for each post, not to mention while he is working he stops to take photos...Bradley who is new at posting reviews is having a hard time getting them up in less than an hour... thats an hour they are not with their families or working making money. So thank you all- and keep the details and reviews coming - I love them!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123