autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedy Prep Towel

So I finally got one. I have to say, this is the absolute best thing ever. I tried it out on a 2007 Ford Mustang that was dark grey with a lot of fall out. It cleaned up it so quick. It totally removed everything and didn't leave any marring which I was super worried about. I went ahead and did the break in procedure on the window and then was very generous with the lube. It saves SO MUCH TIME. If your doing this for a living, I can not recommend it enough.

Granted the cost is a little more, but the end result and the amount of time saved makes it totally worth it. AG needs to get on board and carry this already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speedy Prep Towel

where did you pick it up? Did you break it in first before you used it for this car?

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree with you on that. Huge time saver! It's amazing at how fast is actually removes contaminates.

Definitely was worth the price (approx $55).

Post Thanks / Like

Claying a car down will be a thing of the past in the next couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I can see in the pictures and videos, it leaves behind a lot of fine scratches. I can't see that saving much time with the extra buffing you would have to do. I'm not a pro detailer, but as a customer, I would be upset at losing clearcoat so the detailer could save time.

Post Thanks / Like

Question, have you guys that like the Speedy Prep towel ever tried the Clay Blocks? They have the same rubberized coating on them for defect removal, but that only cost like $10-$15 each. I would assume they work about the same, but save a ton on costs. Just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like

OP - have you tried an AutoScrub pad?

If so, how does it compare to the Speedy Prep system?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieU View Post
    From what I can see in the pictures and videos, it leaves behind a lot of fine scratches. I can't see that saving much time with the extra buffing you would have to do. I'm not a pro detailer, but as a customer, I would be upset at losing clearcoat so the detailer could save time.
    Broken in correctly, the towel does not mar. Plus most people that clay will also follow with a cutting step of some kind. Clay also mar the paint as well depending on the grade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieU View Post
    IMO you should always be polishing, or at the very least be using a paint cleaner after claying. Claying will, most of the time, leave some marring. It may be hard to see on certain colors, but it's usually there. I know that the Ultima clay block mars, that is why I only use it if I'm polishing after. Otherwise a milder clay follower by a paint cleaner will get the job done on a wash and wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't clay unless I'm going to polish. So the customer can't get mad. That's my policy,I don't care that people say you can clay with out marring.

I got it off my local supply guy.he was selling it for $59.99 yes its a little more then online but with shipping and all that a few bucks isn't going to kill me.

Flanagan, I've seen the blocks and I know cg Carries them, but the CG rep said they mare like crazy.

Granted these towels are a little pricey, but the about of time and work saved makes it a win win.

Bean town,I didn't order the nano skin on because I wouldn't be able to get in all the delicate or hard places or any places that the da couldn't get into and then would have to resort to clay which defeated the purpose of the towel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast