autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

what do do if blue film is left on surface -detail spray

ok so... i recently bought adams detail spray. a whole gallon of it.

i also just bought 2 new cars. a red 2010 mazda 3 and a black 2007 mazdaspeed 3.

i also have a red 1987 mazda rx7 that i have wet sanded buffed and pollished...

when using the adams detail spray on my 2010 i noticed blue streaks left behind . same thing on the 2007.

SAME thing on the rx7.

i called adams and they told me to wash the car with dish soap to remove all greases and waxes from the finish....

my rx7 i know exactly what is on the paint. i used meguiars buffing compound. optimum poli-seal for final pollish and then poor boys sealant.

my mazda 3's i dont know what could be on the paint because of the dealership. but i know i buffed and pollished the mazdaspeed3's black hood to remove swirls and i still get this blue film

when i call adams and tell them of my issues, i just get told i am doing things wrong. that the temps i am using the product in is wrong. (70-80 degrees) or that my microfiber is wrong or that i am using to much product.. well when i use LESS product i get SWIRLS!!

such a headache...

obtw. i dont need product recommendations. i have a whole fricken gallon of this stuff. i'd like to know what i am doing wrong or what is wrong with the product

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what do do if blue film is left on surface -detail spray

Have you tried spraying on wiping it off, then flipping the towel over and wiping again to get rid of anything left over?
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

try to dilute a small amount with some distilled water. i don't think it's a concentrated solution meant to be mixed but it may work.

Post Thanks / Like

I use two plush MF's. I wipe dry with the first and follow up with the second. I prefer two MF's instead of flipping one. Shamrocks or the 600's are my favorites of th Cobras for this.

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to have problems with QD's You're not applying it in direct sunlight or on a hot surface are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    You seem to have problems with QD's You're not applying it in direct sunlight or on a hot surface are you?
    not at all. i learned from experience the first time.

its not another problem, its more or less the same problem ever since i used this product back in december at the car show and my show finish was ruined by the blue smears.

i contacted adams and they are sending me their own mf towel and a small sample to rule out my microfiber towels and rule out a bad batch.

i just dont understand why others dont have this problem. am i the only one using many different brands for each step in the detail process?

meguiars 105 and 205

poor boys polish and seal (rarely used)
    poor boys sealant (rarely used)

opti-poli-seal (used after 205 sometimes)

opti-seal (always used when applicable)

adams quick detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    i just dont understand why others dont have this problem. am i the only one using many different brands for each step in the detail process?
    It has got to be in your process somewhere. Maybe you're using way too much product? QD's are just so easy to use, that's the only thing I think it could be.

I think most of us on here use MANY different products and have great success with most of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone through quite a few gallons of Adam's DS and never had any problems, especially with anything blue. Don't wash the new towel before using it either, what are you using to wash your towels with? This seems really weird. I simply don't know what would be causing anything blue? For whats its worth I consider their DS one of the finest QD's out there and everyone I know who uses it loves it. Adam will refund 110% of your money if you're not happy though, I know that for a fact.

I would try stripping my sealants off and see if this continues, maybe it could be reacting with something else on the finish in one of the optimum products.
    2007 Mustang GT 5-Speed
    2008 Superduty 6.4 Twin Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdutytd View Post
    I've gone through quite a few gallons of Adam's DS and never had any problems, especially with anything blue. Don't wash the new towel before using it either, what are you using to wash your towels with? This seems really weird. I simply don't know what would be causing anything blue? For whats its worth I consider their DS one of the finest QD's out there and everyone I know who uses it loves it. Adam will refund 110% of your money if you're not happy though, I know that for a fact.

I would try stripping my sealants off and see if this continues, maybe it could be reacting with something else on the finish in one of the optimum products.
    ive been useung adams q/d for years as well. and never had that problem... weird...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdutytd View Post

they are sending me a microfiber as well as a lil few ounce bottle of product to eliminate my microfiber and my batch.

i listed all the products i use. i dont use anything but those. but maybe... just maybe something was on one of my microfibers.. and when i washed them, it got on ALL my microfiber towels. and now all of them are contaminated and causing reaction that looks similar to holograms on my paint?