autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR Glass cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The story I heard was that it was NXT that was formulated to compete with Stoners.
    Yep, I believe you were also there that day listening to the same birdy.

I do feel the D120 works a little better than the NXT though, plus it's more cost effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't paid any attention to this thread because I wasn't planning on using ONR for glass. But grabbing the wrong bottle cleaning the windows on the house made me a convert. I keep a spray bottle of ONR hanging around mixed at QD strength.... nice, easy streak-free results without the ammonia and trim-fading chemicals that used to drive me nuts doing house windows.

Another wrong-bottle grab had me spritzing the outside shack windows with UQW. Turned out nice enough that I used it on all of the outside glass when I did them last fall. My secret Lair is back in the woods so I get a lot of crap on the glass that most wouldn't see in a more residential setting. Turned out to be a serendipitous move because the window cleaning chores were incredibly easy this time and the substances that are usually challenging wiped right off.

Don't even ask about the time the QD was hanging next to the Shout pre-mix for the MFs....

I think I'll go rearrange the bathroom a bit. Someone like me probably shouldn't keep the Preparation H in the same drawer as the toothpaste......

TL

Post Thanks / Like

My all time favourite is DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner. I just LOVE this stuff, but due to it's price and the economy of shipping glass cleaner overseas, I buy the Meguiar's concentrate locally as I can add the main component, water, here.

I find that the only problem with the Meguiar's is that it drys too fast, you don't have long to work with it and wipe away the streaks, one or two passes and it's dry already. Good stuff though.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: ONR Glass cleaner

I've used ONR as a glass cleaner at different dilutions and was disappointed. It streaked every time.

The dilutions used were 8:1, 10:1, and 20:1 (Water to ONR.) No matter what I tried I couldn't get clean, clear 100% streak free windows on my car. It looked good under the shade of my carport, but once I drove it out and allowed the sun rays to shine through, I could see smearing and streaking. I noticed it more when I drove at night. The lights from other cars or overhead street lamps come in really handy to check how clean your windows truly are.

If you want streak free windows I'd get one of the following:

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concetrate (D-120; Detailer Line.)
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner (Consumer Line.) Usually only found Online.
    Surf City Garage's Clearly Better Glass Cleaner.
    Mark-V Window Sheen Concentrated Glass Cleaner.
    Stoner's Invisible Glass w/ Rain Repellent (Didn't much care for the original.)
    Sprayway Glass Cleaner (Non Ammoniated.)

All of the above have proven to be some of the best glass cleaners ever made! (In my humble opinion.) Plus, they are all aftermarket tint safe if I'm not mistaken. The D-120 in Meguiar's Detailer Line gets the nod for best concentrate, it fends better against tougher residue than Mark-V. I'm currently in the works of getting a gallon of Zep Concentrate, but till this day have not tried it.

As far as RTU, SCG's Clearly Better and Meg's NXT are unbeatable.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Stoners and the DP with the Stoners definetly being my favorite.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Mejia View Post

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concetrate (D-120; Detailer Line.)
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner (Consumer Line.) Usually only found Online.
    Surf City Garage's Clearly Better Glass Cleaner.
    Mark-V Window Sheen Concentrated Glass Cleaner.
    Stoner's Invisible Glass w/ Rain Repellent (Didn't much care for the original.)
    Sprayway Glass Cleaner (Non Ammoniated.)
    Just make sure you use Distilled water with D-120. Lots of folks use tap water and it causes unwanted streaking

Also, it's Sprayway (not SprayAWay, common mistake)

I've always been a big supporter of Stoner's IG. Though in the heat of TX it's pretty easy to get it to streak. I'd love to try SCGCBGC (whew!) but my local pep boys doesn't seem to carry that part of the SC line.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for ZEP, it also dilutes 10:1, and is $9.99 per gallon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    but he's partial to Optimum.
    I think it's more about cost than partiality. He just uses what works...and working out of the trunk of the Maxima, he probably doesn't carry stuff he doesn't need.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally use Stoner (liquid not aerosol) to clean windows but will use ONRa at 8:1 to remove bugs and road dirt after a long road trip. If does a good job of lifting the crap off the windshield and headlights when used with a mf.

Post Thanks / Like

I was walking through Pep Boys and saw they had the Surf City line. I picked up the Clearly Better Glass Cleaner after reading about it here. I have never used a better or easier to work with glass cleaner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123