autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Kevin Brown Method (and a few other things) Explained!

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    LOL Jonathan, you're a trip man. Was a pleasure working with you today. Glad we both learned something new and found that it actually does work and can help many more than just ourselves. Can't wait to see if it works on the 5-series tomorrow.
    Adam, I'm surprised that you only now discovered the KBM. When you were having the Hydo debate, I thought you were using the KBM all the time. Well better late then never.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Great thread! I bookmarked it for future reference.
    Thanks so much Ciera. Let's hope more get in on it and help make it a go-to thread for the KBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Adam, I'm surprised that you only now discovered the KBM. When you were having the Hydo debate, I thought you were using the KBM all the time. Well better late then never.
    I've been reading about how people are using the KBM, but I've never been one to "follow in the footsteps" of others without having first tried things out on my own first. All of the cars I've done up to this point have been done reading and following the insight and advice of others but using my own twist based on what works for me. Even the KBM has been slightly tuned to my own style of polishing. It's not exactly what I've read, but it's pretty close and it's working for me though i'm sure I'll fine-tune things as I get more efficient at using it.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    Thanks so much Ciera. Let's hope more get in on it and help make it a go-to thread for the KBM.

I've been reading about how people are using the KBM, but I've never been one to "follow in the footsteps" of others without having first tried things out on my own first. All of the cars I've done up to this point have been done reading and following the insight and advice of others but using my own twist based on what works for me. Even the KBM has been slightly tuned to my own style of polishing. It's not exactly what I've read, but it's pretty close and it's working for me though i'm sure I'll fine-tune things as I get more efficient at using it.
    KBM + Griot RO + M105/205 = unreal correction!!! Only a short time ago, the only way to get serious correction done was with a rotary and wool. Now with the above combo the average detailer can achieve amazing results.

Post Thanks / Like

KBM + Griot RO + M105/205 = unreal correction!!! Only a short time ago, the only way to get serious correction done was with a rotary and wool. Now with the above combo the average detailer can achieve amazing results.
    I talked to kevin brown on the phone not too long ago and he said the same thing; using a rotary was the only answer for heavy correction in the past. He then went onto say that with the new SMAT non diminishing abrasives and a good DA, those gap has been closed considerably.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i've even gone so far as to order 6 new Surbuf pads to get my correction power even stronger. It seems as though those pads are the new go-to pad for serious correction ability when paired with 105/205 and the Griot's/Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I talked to kevin brown on the phone not too long ago and he said the same thing; using a rotary was the only answer for heavy correction in the past. He then went onto say that with the new SMAT non diminishing abrasives and a good DA, those gap has been closed considerably.
    He seems like the kind of guy I'd get along with very well. His approach to polishing is very methodical and scientific. He may be a bit more technical than me, but i believe we think a bit a like based On what I've read in his posts.
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

OC, thanks for the write-up. I did a BMW last week and tried this on a small section. I wasn't sure of the exact process, but I misted the section with a fine spray and it turned out like liquid glass. Will try it this weekend on big job.

On a side note, who did ur logo? Did someone design it for you, or you do it yourself? What software did you use?
    davinciautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinciAutoSpa View Post
    OC, thanks for the write-up. I did a BMW last week and tried this on a small section. I wasn't sure of the exact process, but I misted the section with a fine spray and it turned out like liquid glass. Will try it this weekend on big job.

On a side note, who did ur logo? Did someone design it for you, or you do it yourself? What software did you use?
    DaVinci, thanks for reading and hope your next project turns out great using this method.

The graphic artist who made my card, logo and is in the process of making my website is Rick O'neil here in Lynchburg. He's a very talented guy. His website is http://www.oneilstudiosart.com/.

If you contact him, please tell him Adam referred you from O.C.Detailing. I'm sure he'd appreciate the recognition.
    (434)851-1313

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12