autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

any experienced professionals, what do you think of Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer? Pretty expensive. it must be the guarding qualities it leaves behind. what about DP Carpet & Upholstery?
    Please, read on.
    degreaser for carpets and upholstery - usually and in most cases, being a higher ph, diluted at 10:1 or more for proper extraction, is never neutralized with just a rinse. It always leaves that filmy residue that attracts filth.
    I have just ran out of my acidic fiber rinse neutralizer and debating whether I should invest in a new method/chemical with my mytee spider, heat extractor. Now, I see about 85%-90% correction in most cases. The method that I use - vacuum, lite pretreat and let stand 2-3 minutes - litely treat section again and agitate, then without saturating the carpets, immediately heat extract with my 128:1 acidic fiber rinse. spot and agitate for harder stains.
    my Question for any experienced professional - is there a better way, that does not leave any +pH like-residue to attract dirt & filth?
    this should be a good one, if anyone knows what they're doing in the detail industry. I'd like to be perfect, and this is the closest I've come. Join in! thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

Oh, check this out too guys - I was speaking to a EcoLab tech and he told me about Airkem Perfusion C&U cleaner, with oxygen bleach - a lot of dealerships use it continually... I'd like to see if anyone has used any oxygen bleach mixtures, what do you think?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate. I should apply this for my own carpet in my Sportage and Chevrolet. I will test if this is really effective on your own tutorial.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wolgang Spot Remover with nice results in past ... I often use Folex for most carpets now. I hate carpet and mat cleaning, and would think from a professional standpoint an extractor (heated) would likely be the choice.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

Okay, I'm bringing this one back to life.

I would like to know if there is a video showing a person how to clean cloth seats in a vehicle. I know my steamer will not clean cloth seats. The Tornador cleaning gun will. I'm spraying Megs APC+ to clean the seats. After you do that, should one use an extractor to finish the cleaning of the seats or ........ ?

Down here, there are several ranch trucks, well, many trucks in general that the owners never take care of. Earlier today, I went to my friends body shop and took one of his employees vehicles to my place. I did most of the interior seats on the driver side. I just did not clean the back of the drivers seat. The color of this trucks interior is tan.

How do YOU detail your clients cloth interior?
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Vacuum... Folex... and my LGM with hot water.... then back to the shop vac to pull all h20 possible back out... Set up the fan to dry... Be sure to leave the windows cracked

Now I just foudn info on Autopia that correlate what cleaners to use on what stains and when I get time I will try to repost its from a guy named grudge... uses Biokleen and prochem stuff

I cant wait to order the chemicals and try it out

Post Thanks / Like

Ok this is another question but for all who have posted and used an extractor.... is it really all that its cracked up to be? and is it better? and faster? than the shop vac and a brush.... I appretiate the help. Im looking into getting one for my detail business but I want to be sure before I drop that much coin
    Peace
    Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBob View Post
    Ok this is another question but for all who have posted and used an extractor.... is it really all that its cracked up to be? and is it better? and faster? than the shop vac and a brush.... I appretiate the help. Im looking into getting one for my detail business but I want to be sure before I drop that much coin
    Peace
    Jon
    I'm wishing to sell the Aztec Extractor that I have. I have a few other toys that work very well on my interior detailing. I can't ever get the extractor to work, IMO.

My $.02
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Heres what you need to do to get maximum results: #1, vacuum the area thoroughly #2 Pre-treat the carpet with a traffic lane cleaner, it should sit and dwell on the carpet 10 minutes. #3 Scrub the carpet with a scrub brush while the traffic lane cleaner is doing its job. #4 Extract with hot water if you can, but you can still get good results with cold. #5 2 dry passes minimum.#6 Get it dry as fast as possible. Use fans or whatever. The longer carpet stays wet the more apt you are to have problems. I would not run detergent thru the solution tank, just pre-treat with a high quality traffic lane cleaner and rinse with water only. Look at products like ProChem Ultrapac or ProChem Powerburst for your traffice lane cleaner, both very good. I owned a carpet cleaning biz for many years, thats how I would attack carpet.
    Last edited by Bradshaw; 11-20-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    I'm wishing to sell the Aztec Extractor that I have. I have a few other toys that work very well on my interior detailing. I can't ever get the extractor to work, IMO.

My $.02
    Whats wrong with the extractor? What do you find works better?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast