autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet/Upholstery Cleaning - Let's learn the most effective way.

I have used DP and it does miracles on. I will be trying WG this weekend
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wagonproject View Post
    Whats wrong with the extractor? What do you find works better?
    What could you be doing that you are not getting good results with the Aztec?
    I have had mine for 3 years and Love it. I never use any chemicals in it. Just hot water!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wagonproject View Post
    Whats wrong with the extractor? What do you find works better?
    Have have sprayed so many different things on carpet and floor-mats and the extractor does not assist in removing the rest of the mess. What I now use is a very good steamer AND/OR the Tornador Car Cleaning Gun. Those are now the only two items I use to clean the interior. I also use the Meg's APC+ for cleaning.

I'm sure I will be selling the extractor down the road. It will just site in the garage doing nada. LOL
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
    any experienced professionals, what do you think of Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer? Pretty expensive. it must be the guarding qualities it leaves behind. what about DP Carpet & Upholstery?
    Please, read on.
    degreaser for carpets and upholstery - usually and in most cases, being a higher ph, diluted at 10:1 or more for proper extraction, is never neutralized with just a rinse. It always leaves that filmy residue that attracts filth.
    I have just ran out of my acidic fiber rinse neutralizer and debating whether I should invest in a new method/chemical with my mytee spider, heat extractor. Now, I see about 85%-90% correction in most cases. The method that I use - vacuum, lite pretreat and let stand 2-3 minutes - litely treat section again and agitate, then without saturating the carpets, immediately heat extract with my 128:1 acidic fiber rinse. spot and agitate for harder stains.
    my Question for any experienced professional - is there a better way, that does not leave any +pH like-residue to attract dirt & filth?
    this should be a good one, if anyone knows what they're doing in the detail industry. I'd like to be perfect, and this is the closest I've come. Join in! thanks!
    Hey man I actually started a carpet and upholstery thread myself.. Its called "Carpet and Mat Cleaning the professional way" - good, no-residue way of cleaning

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MobolWerks View Post
    Hey man I actually started a carpet and upholstery thread myself.. Its called "Carpet and Mat Cleaning the professional way" - good, no-residue way of cleaning
    Do you happen to have a link?

Post Thanks / Like

after extracting I go over the carpet with a clean, very damp microfiber and brush the carpet grain in one direction.

I wouln't give up my extractor for a shop vac, but I do own both. An extractor used properly will always give great results.

some mats aren't worth saving...give it your best than rec new ones
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRHTX View Post
    Have have sprayed so many different things on carpet and floor-mats and the extractor does not assist in removing the rest of the mess. What I now use is a very good steamer AND/OR the Tornador Car Cleaning Gun. Those are now the only two items I use to clean the interior. I also use the Meg's APC+ for cleaning.

I'm sure I will be selling the extractor down the road. It will just site in the garage doing nada. LOL

how do you rinse the cleaner from the carpet/upholstery being cleaned?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by proudpoppa View Post
    how do you rinse the cleaner from the carpet/upholstery being cleaned?
    Steamer + towels works

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked I haven't seen anyone post this way. While at the car wash there are floor mat holders. Pop those bad boys in there, hold the pressure sprayer 3 inches away from the mat while on soap mode, going left to right from top to bottom watch the amount of dirt that comes out along with the stains. After you go over the mats and notice no more dirt is coming out, turn it to rinse, rinse the mats about 5 inches away, once you have out all the soap, get about 6 inches away and go up and down motion to get rid of the left to right marks you will leave in the fibers. As far as interior cloth seats, hot water extractor rocks if you use proper technique, although steam is less drying time and kills bacteria/smells also if your using a hot water extractor, on the edges of the seats use your hand to guard the sprayer from spraying all over the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted an interior detail on show/shine awhile ago. It was on a PT Cruiser. I always wanted a hot water extractor.... but money is tight I have a family, kids, and im only 24 with only a decent job. so again money is for other things most of the time rather then 700+ for one. With the PT Cruiser detail. I used a shop vac, and a LGM and megs APC+ I put some on straight while the rest of the car was 50/50 or less. The nice thing about doing this was if I got APC+ on anything interior it is also meant to be used as an interior cleaner and conditioner, so it works out well and by the gallon saves me tons of money and i can premix to my likings. I want to also get a OTC reg. steamer so I can battle smells. But I used a spray bottle. sprayed the area worked with a brush hit it with LGM a few times that had APC+ in it with warm tap water and then hit it again with the shop vac, all windows open and it works great. just my .2cents
    Working on a new sig..... still working....... if only it was as easy as buffing out swirls is...... Brad is my name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast