autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Definitive How-To Article for Removing Swirls, Scratches and Water Spots Using a Porter Cable 7424XP, G110v2 or Griot's Garage Polisher

Thanks Mike, I just might be able to get started using my new PC!

Mike Phillips

Re: The Definitive How-To Article for Removing Swirls, Scratches and Water Spots Using a Porter Cable 7424XP, G110v2 or Griot's Garage Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by Waxed View Post

You know I just wanted to say a big thanks Mike for always coming out with great videos, and tutorials for the DIY.

Keep up the great work, and always a pleasure to see your posts

Hoping one day I can make it down to Florida for a weekend.

Thank you for the kind words and hope to see you here at Autogeek one day.

Quote Originally Posted by alibabon View Post

thank you very much! mr mike. I come from Vietnam. and I am not an expert in the details ... I specialize in electrical parts for automobiles. a one-time gift Cabana wax meguiars products.

I was looking for product information, then I have watched a lot of Mike's posts. I have learned so much from your loved ones like Mike ... in my country, detailing cars are very popular. but all they are doing is not good ... less than 2/10 the way he did. then learned from his work mike. I ask locals to buy some products from autogeek sent to Vietnam.

I spent 3 hours every night to see mike ... and I've been practicing on a few cars. I do not well ... I used meguiars DA's Power to modify my way ... I just bought poter cable from the HD 7424 autogeek and add some product details ... now I love this art.

Thank you very much .. Mike.

Wow!

Thank you! Love to see some pictures of the cars you're detailing in Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by TimboCLE View Post

Thanks Mike, I just might be able to get started using my new PC!
    The PC is a capable tool. The information I wrote in this article is still just as accuarate as the day I wrote it.

The good news is there are now super thin pads available and these really help you to maximize the results from the Porter Cable.

5.5" SUPER THIN FOAM PAD OPTIONS for your Dual Action Polisher

Super thin 5.5" foam buffing pads

3. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

In your initial videos, you slather down the lines of product on the pad pretty thick. You've mentioned using a circle or X pattern will allow you to not have the need of priming a pad, but if we prime, can we still get by with 4-6 pea-sized drops like we can with other moderate polishes and mild glazes? I use many WG products, but am about to try the Swirl Remover and Glaze for the first time. Considering their costs, I'd like to extend their life a bit. So, can I prime using a diluted detail spray and use 5 pea-sized dots per section like I do with other polishes and glazes?

Mike Phillips

Sorry I just now found this post....

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlssCubsFan View Post

In your initial videos, you slather down the lines of product on the pad pretty thick.

You've mentioned using a circle or X pattern will allow you to not have the need of priming a pad,

but if we prime, can we still get by with 4-6 pea-sized drops like we can with other moderate polishes and mild glazes?
    Yes.

The big picture is you want enough product between the pad and the paint to both provide enough lubrication for the process plus pad rotation as well as enough abrasives to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlssCubsFan View Post

I use many WG products, but am about to try the Swirl Remover and Glaze for the first time.

Considering their costs, I'd like to extend their life a bit. So, can I prime using a diluted detail spray and use 5 pea-sized dots per section like I do with other polishes and glazes?
    Yes.

The WG Total Swirl Remover and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, (not a glaze but a fine cut polish), are GREAT products and have good working times or play time.

Just don't tackle to big of an area at one time, something around 18" to 20" squarish.

What are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like

holy cow how time flys we are in hyper space... it will only get better in the detailing with such get advances in to quote mike Philips " abrasive technology " and advancement in tools and pads.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678