autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

[Current Project] Carbon Fiber Diamond Tucked Padding On Door Panel Blanks

Many of you may know of my Covercraft review and that I've had to redesign their crappy dash mat to suit our 2020 Ford Transit Connect. I've wanted to stay here at the forum a bit longer and add a few more details on upcoming projects for the van. Most vandwellers or vanlifers tend to create camping space inside the cargo area by including bed rails, cabinets even a sink. Well, My thought process is different. I wanted a show van but without all the shag carpeting.

There's a couple of areas in the van where there's thin board material or blanks and I wanted to do something to them because they stick out like a sore thumb. This image shows there's two on one side of our barn doors as there different designed blanks on the other side. Also included are larger blanks on the double siding doors.
    [Current Project] Carbon Fiber Diamond Tucked Padding On Door Panel Blanks-img_19533-large-1-jpg

Also a couple of custom panels will need to be made to fill the gap above the current blanks. The thought here is that, while driving the steel panels of the van tend to vibrate or create a low tone hum in the van. I could have small vents installed which I may do at some point anyway.

So here's the next project I'll start working on after the dash cover has been completed. I've just order a yard of the foax carbon fiber diamond tucked material, then once delivered, I'll set out to remove each panel and attached the material to these panels.

[Current Project] Carbon Fiber Diamond Tucked Padding On Door Panel Blanks-91cehmuygkl-_ac_sl1500_-jpg

According to Fabric Empire, the 54'' wide x 1 yard should arrive by Mar 1st.

2. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Current Project] Carbon Fiber Diamond Tucked Padding On Door Panel Blanks

According to the UPS tracking the carbon fiber fabric should arrive later this evening. Then I'll remove one of the smaller panels and start in. it's a shame that these panels are too dense to use a staple gun to attached the fabric. I'll have to use a tack glue first then hot glue to adhere the fabric to the back side. Just need to make sure it's not bulky as not to allow the push pins to be remounted through the fabric back onto the van.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Current Project] Carbon Fiber Diamond Tucked Padding On Door Panel Blanks

Last week I sent a message to the new site admin/host asking where is Mike. He later informed me that mike left the autogeek forum site and headed over to another company site. Now while mike was here, he and I spoke via PM's and if it wasn't for him I would have left a long time ago. He help me keep things in check. But now that I've learn he's gone, I've send several PMs to the site host requesting that my topics be removed and my account deleted because there's absolutely nothing here and no one here willing to support my efforts and topics. As said Mike was the only one who seem to have cared and gave a damn about me being here.

SO I'm asking again, Please delete my two topics and then delete my account because I will not participate in a forum where Mike himself isn't here himself.

@Nicholas@Autogeek @Meghan @Admin