autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

[Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings

Use a Swiffer 360 to Remove Light Brake Dust from your Wheels Between Routine Cleanings. Purchase the Extended Handle Version for Less Stooping or Kneeling While Dusting
    [Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings-imageedit_2_2258160130-jpg

Edit:

Seems to be a few haters.. But I never would have suggested this IF it didn't work nor IF I hadn't already tested it..

2. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings

I would think this would potentially scratch the surface

Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings

I don't recommend. It leaves -a product behind - on the surface

I was using this on my Audiophile Speakers that have a piano black finish on it. You could clearly see it was leaving something -behind- as the finish was hazy after dusting

Post Thanks / Like

You can use it on your engine bay. I've been doing so for years. I love how it works.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

@Bill D

I'd never use this on the Van's engine bay as there's too many sharp edges that would snag the Swiffer. This topic is for "wheel" maintenance.. Granted I wouldn't use this on wheels that have hub caps etc.. this product works best on polished/painted/smooth finish alloy wheels.

[Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings-imageedit_7_5721826872-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Going outside right now to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Works to some degree, but I won't be using again. Perhaps my wheel was too dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

If the wheels get wet and dust is attached to them.. then No it wont work. We're talking about removing dry brake dust one may run into bug and tar and again theses duster will not remove that type of residue.

Post Thanks / Like

The 19'' Axe wheels are still looking good after nearly 1 year of driving on rough and smooth roads.. I wish I could say the same for the Dorman / Coyote lug nuts..
    [Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings-imageedit_10_3113912322-jpg
    The Dorman lugs plated a gunmetal grey have been chipping while the painted Coyote locking lug has been chipping also. Both sets are looking rough. So we've learn not to purchase painted/plated or coated lugs and stick with raw or chrome which will show less signs of chipping. Still using the swiffer trick, but will be upgrading to a swiffer type cleaning brush very soon.

Just so there's no confusion, using the swiffer on unclean wheels is not recommended. The swiffer is just used between cleaning where as it may have a light coating of brake dust on the wheels. if your wheels are pitted the swiffer will not work. Plus if your wheels have sharp molded edges, the swiffer will get caught on these edges..

Post Thanks / Like

So after a 700+ mile trip last weekend, (mostly hills) this makes the first time these new 19'' Axe wheels had a significant about of brake dust on them. Checking the pads, there's still tons of life left on them. So in this instance the ole Swiffer would not cut it. Turns out I needed a microfiber foam cleaning brush that allows me to get into and around the spokes. I was able to locate this (while on the road) to clean the brake dust off.

[Wheel Cleaning Tip] Swiffer 360 For Light Dustings Between Routine Cleanings-imageedit_3_2268631670-jpg

Mind you I have seen the more expensive handles chemicalguys etc talk about but I was in a pinch. this handle did what we needed it to and clean the wheel. Using the turtle wax wheel and tire cleaner, I worked the handle in and around the spokes. It did a great job even before taking the van through the wash.

I believe the handle cost $4.00 at advance auto and it did remove the caked up brake dust which I've never seen on the wheels before as the carbon fiber/cermaic pads are known not to produce a lot of brake dust.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast