autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Covercraft's DashPad

Well, better late than never I guess

I know the response I got when I canceled my order was kind of catty

Let us know how this plays out

I still havenít decided what to do

I donít think any of these manufacturers are doing anything different

Iím convinced all of them are made in Mexico

Covercraft's DashPad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Chilly, Covercraft spokes person want to know what i was doing to the mat in order to make it better. They said they needed to know this so that they could inform their design team as to how these mats should be constructed. I gave them a list of things they need to do. But sure, if the mat was redesigned with double material, one could expect to pay twice as much. The main issue which I told them, was that when the mat was placed on the dash, we turned on the AC and the front of the mat closest to the windshield started flapping. Hell blue painted cardboard woulda have worked better.. That's how cheesy this mat was.

By adding double layered material then stitching around the openings and edged would stop this flittering. If this pans out, the mats should be reinforced with double seam stitching. So the question is, would anyone be willing to pay near $90.00 bucks for a redesigned mat which I submitted to them. Otherwise, I'll have to buy two mats and do the stitching myself. then at that point put the embroidery logo where it should have been in the first not all the way across the right side of the mat. totally unacceptable. This is not the covercraft I use to know.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same issue with the Dash Designs mat in my Tacoma

Itís just floppy and no longer drapes nicely

I donít use the Velcro tabs

Damned if Iím going to get adhesive residue on my dash

I also think I finally figured out why I went with Dash Designs in the first place

Almost all the other actual manufacturers want to ship me a $59 dash cover for $60 next day air shipping

Hooray for not living in America

Post Thanks / Like

Three times I've sent the same email and response to Covrcraft spokes person and all three times she has misread what I'm asking. Furthermore, she is actually avoiding my conversations and simply wants me to take time out and send her images of what I'm doing to correct the current dash cover. I informed her that I'm no longer going to be offering anything freely or post my progress images online as I suppled her the link to my autogeek review. It would seem that covercraft is not willing to play ball with me on this nor are they willing to send me another replacement mat. The situation continues to get worse so I'm dropping any conversation with them until they do as I asked.
    Because our annual vacation is only a few weeks a way, I'll have to discontinue reconstructing the dash mat until my return. Sadly because covercraft is not willing to offer any support for their cheap products, I'll not be posting progress images for their benefit. So to anyone reading this and you're thinking of ordering a cover craft dash mat, don't because if you have any issue they will nickel and dime you to death without correcting the issue.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How selfish of you to not share your intellectual property...

For shame...

8. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly, I would love to share all the steps I'll perform on the dash mat,. But knowing Covercraft has this link. they would not compensate me for my redesign. So I guess this is the end of the thread unless covercraft reimburses me for my labor.

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTransit View Post
    Chilly, I would love to share all the steps I'll perform on the dash mat,. But knowing Covercraft has this link. they would not compensate me for my redesign. So I guess this is the end of the thread unless covercraft reimburses me for my labor.
    You could PM chilly.

CoverCraft could not access that............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTransit View Post
    Hope you know I was joking

Post Thanks / Like

Covercraft has just emailed me for the last time, confirming they are not willing to help support me in the redesign their crappy dashmat. So this is something I'll have to do my self. As I said above and if anyone is reading this: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM COVERCRAFT and if you do best be happy with their cheesy, cheap, flimsy, crap design.

Thread ended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123