autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding me, dealer?!?

Real quick ventilation needed. Wife brought her Q5 to the dealer for a maintenance check up. I told her, who told the service guy, DO NOT WASH MY (freakin’) CAR.

“OK, no problem”.

Wife picks car up after work, service guy says:
    “Yeeaaah, so they didn’t see my note and started spraying the car with water... but don’t worry, they then saw the note before washing it and squeegee’d the water off.”

Sure enough the car has water-smeared-dust-streaks all over it. I’m not going to inspect it for swirls/marring. She’ll get a finishing polish before winter prep (was previously hoping to not polish again this year.

Doesn’t matter where the dealership is (this was one in a very snooty town). These people are bad, really bad.

2. Thanks Texchappy thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you kidding me, dealer?!?

Makes me have little faith in dealers. I just consider myself very lucky mine saw my sign and followed it. Sounds to me you have some paint correction coming up before winter.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Real quick ventilation needed. Wife brought her Q5 to the dealer for a maintenance check up. I told her, who told the service guy, DO NOT WASH MY (freakin’) CAR.

“OK, no problem”.

“Yeeaaah, so they didn’t see my note and started spraying the car with water... but don’t worry, they then saw the note before washing it and squeegee’d the water off.”

Sure enough the car has water-smeared-dust-streaks all over it. I’m not going to inspect it for swirls/marring. She’ll get a finishing polish before winter prep (was previously hoping to not polish again this year.

Doesn’t matter where the dealership is (this was one in a very snooty town). These people are bad, really bad.
    You need a rear mirror hanger: DO NOT WASH

5. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I work for a dealer.

I wouldn't let the "detailers" that work there within 50' of my truck.

Seriously.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happened to my Subaru. They took a dry rag to the paint and swiped pollen across the paint. Even after my wife said, “My husband said not to wash it.”

Failure to listen to customers request is...I’ll stop here.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

“OK, no problem”.

Sorry bro, What color?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be getting new tires this coming week and I’m already in panic wondering if there will be any damage to my wheels. I will take pictures before. And probably not sleep well until after it’s done. I hate anytime I have to let someone work on my car.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that OP. Maybe the do not wash hanger idea is not so bad. My dealer is pretty good about not washing my cars as they know how nuts I am. They take a big marker and write it on the windshield. I recently took one of them to an independent for a cam magnet job which they charged me $150 for vs the dealer that wanted $500 and I would never have thought an independent would be washing a car after service. Well I was wrong, lol. It's my bad since i didn't tell them. He knows now.

BSoares, I had 4 rims damaged on an Acura MDX at once at a firestone a few years back. You are smart to take pictures before. Try to take the car in clean so they can't say it showed up dirty and they couldn't tell if it the damage was already there. I took mine in for new tires during winter and they said the car was dirty so they couldn't tell. Anyway, I ended up getting 4 new rims from them but I would rather not have gone through the trouble.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

12. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I work for a dealer.

I wouldn't let the "detailers" that work there within 50' of my truck.

Seriously.
    I also worked at a dealer for a good stint. Scarier than the detailers is the fact that the car washes were done by the rotating staff of “runners”. I’d see cars in the pick up lane that had Zebra stripes where they completely missed patches of dirt swiping the wash mitt around.
    God only knows how often they changed out the water, or if the wash mitts actually lived in the buckets instead of on the floor by them...

BSoares - make sure whoever’s doing your tires doesn’t use a rim-clamp style machine. No reason with modern tech your wheels should be at risk, but so many people just don’t care. Also, Can’t tell you how many wheels I see with double weights where the ”tech” clearly did a crummy job balancing.

I hate my industry... (Sorry, now I’m venting)

You could try calling ahead and see what tire equipment they’re using and we can see what the risks look like. I’ve got a Hunter bias for tire mounting, balancing (road force. ), and alignments.

14. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You need a rear mirror hanger: DO NOT WASH
    Do you really think they'd see that? They might after they wash it when they're drying it. Those hangers sound like a good idea but I don't see a dealer detailer paying any attention lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast