autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you kidding me, dealer?!?

I have a small, independent shop do my tires. I’m going to be getting new ones next year. This shop does much better work than the big chains and takes pride in its work. The place is immaculate too, as in being able to eat off the floor.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear, like others have said a common issue at most dealerships. Most likely a breakdown in communication. Your vehicle was most likely handled by a variety of people at the dealership (service advisor, service tech, detailer, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carcarecoaches View Post
    Sorry to hear, like others have said a common issue at most dealerships. Most likely a breakdown in communication. Your vehicle was most likely handled by a variety of people at the dealership (service advisor, service tech, detailer, etc).
    Yep, you pretty much nailed it.

I never followed up, but I did call the dealership and complain. The service manager was a very nice guy (that’s a plus) and admitted that his washers missed the note, admitted “let’s be real, they probably aren’t the brightest bulbs but I’ll let them know that they should have talked to the supervisor before proceeding with any type of drying or squeegee.”

The guy was too nice for me to complain further, plus I know nothing will come out of this experience. But at least he knows I was disgusted with the squeegee dry (more so than the mistake of setting the car to begin with).

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness I have a good repute with the service department and they know not to touch the car in terms of a wash, etc.

LOL my HUSBAND tells his dealership, "my wife said to tell you NOT to wash the car".....

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

6. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mostly use an independent shop, and I don't have to worry about it being washed without my knowledge - their recommended detailer is ME!

We did have a maintenance package on our new Accord, and found one of the finance guys was a Geek too! I always take them clean cars, put up the 'Do Not Wash' hangtag, and have it noted in the work order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Thank goodness I have a good repute with the service department and they know not to touch the car in terms of a wash, etc.

LOL my HUSBAND tells his dealership, "my wife said to tell you NOT to wash the car".....

...."If you know what's good for you..........."

Lmao, Monica.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Yep, you pretty much nailed it.

I never followed up, but I did call the dealership and complain. The service manager was a very nice guy (that’s a plus) and admitted that his washers missed the note, admitted “let’s be real, they probably aren’t the brightest bulbs but I’ll let them know that they should have talked to the supervisor before proceeding with any type of drying or squeegee.”

The guy was too nice for me to complain further, plus I know nothing will come out of this experience. But at least he knows I was disgusted with the squeegee dry (more so than the mistake of setting the car to begin with).
    Ya like you said, it really is hit and miss with dealership staff. It's fairly high turn over for most positions and as a result, hit and miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Real quick ventilation needed. Wife brought her Q5 to the dealer for a maintenance check up. I told her, who told the service guy, DO NOT WASH MY (freakin’) CAR.

“OK, no problem”.

Wife picks car up after work, service guy says:
    “Yeeaaah, so they didn’t see my note and started spraying the car with water... but don’t worry, they then saw the note before washing it and squeegee’d the water off.”

Sure enough the car has water-smeared-dust-streaks all over it. I’m not going to inspect it for swirls/marring. She’ll get a finishing polish before winter prep (was previously hoping to not polish again this year.

Doesn’t matter where the dealership is (this was one in a very snooty town). These people are bad, really bad.
    A dealer did this to my basically perfect g37 that I hsd paid to get opticoated. Swirled the hell out of the whole car.

I made them pay for correction and reapplication of opti.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Sorry to hear that OP. Maybe the do not wash hanger idea is not so bad. My dealer is pretty good about not washing my cars as they know how nuts I am. They take a big marker and write it on the windshield. I recently took one of them to an independent for a cam magnet job which they charged me $150 for vs the dealer that wanted $500 and I would never have thought an independent would be washing a car after service. Well I was wrong, lol. It's my bad since i didn't tell them. He knows now.

BSoares, I had 4 rims damaged on an Acura MDX at once at a firestone a few years back. You are smart to take pictures before. Try to take the car in clean so they can't say it showed up dirty and they couldn't tell if it the damage was already there. I took mine in for new tires during winter and they said the car was dirty so they couldn't tell. Anyway, I ended up getting 4 new rims from them but I would rather not have gone through the trouble.
    I made a do not wash sign for each window in my car, plus the steering wheel plus hanging from the rear view mirror.

After the Infiniti dealer effed up my black opticoated g37, they deserve the signs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Real quick ventilation needed. Wife brought her Q5 to the dealer for a maintenance check up. I told her, who told the service guy, DO NOT WASH MY (freakin’) CAR.

“OK, no problem”.

Wife picks car up after work, service guy says:
    “Yeeaaah, so they didn’t see my note and started spraying the car with water... but don’t worry, they then saw the note before washing it and squeegee’d the water off.”

Sure enough the car has water-smeared-dust-streaks all over it. I’m not going to inspect it for swirls/marring. She’ll get a finishing polish before winter prep (was previously hoping to not polish again this year.

Doesn’t matter where the dealership is (this was one in a very snooty town). These people are bad, really bad.
    I tape my sign to the outside driver side window and one to the dash or shifter area. I did create some hanging ones but they typically get pulled off by the techs and left on the seat. No thanks. The one on the outside can't be missed.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast