autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Particular Are You

It's been one month driving the jeep with all these new shinny parts on the jeep. However there's some good news and some bad news.. the Metalcloak products still look brand new and I have seen other images from other jeepers who show that their metalcloak zinc plating has completely worn off, yet items like the tie rod are still shinny just not the gold zinc color. But till that time our set is still looking great.

How Particular Are You-imageedit_1_7027745110-jpg

Now the bad news, the teraflex 4'' adjustable sway bar end links look terrible.. Driving through rain, sleet, snow and a few muddy roads.. the teraflex links are showing signs of corrosion, oxidization and rust. I'm very disappointed that the terafklex products have not held up as long as the metalcolak products. I contacted teraflex about this concern and have yet to hear back from them. So I suspect I'll have to research for another set of links with better coating or protection.
    Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler / Semi-Retired Quality Assurance Inspector for the Aerospace & Electronics Industry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Particular Are You

Not detailing related, but I am working on refurbishing an in law suite on the back of our house now that I have retired from my career, and waiting for the weather to break. Cleaning, painting, and new flooring. My wife checked my worked today and noticed that when I replaced the outlet covers, the slot of all the screws were vertical. She went into the first room I had done, and they were all vertical as well.

What's the sense of doing something if you don't do your best?

Nice work so far on your Jeep.

3. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

» March 2021

S M T W T F S
28 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 123