autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windows, I can't get them clean!

Polish Angel Diver spritzed on a Gyeon Silk Dryer Mitt is the easiest way I've found to clean interior glass, albeit a bit $$.

Gonna give it a try with less costly glass cleaner to see if it's the mitt or the cleaner that makes this easy and streak free.

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Many people know that I am a big fan of the Zap Cloth and I would definitely have to recommend it for the interior glass. It cleans streak free without harsh chemicals. I usually do not use it on exterior glass because I don't like to grime it up that much. I will finish the exterior with the Zap Cloth after it has been cleaned with a good glass cleaner like Stoners Invisible Glass and a waffle weave glass towel.

Wolfstein?s Zap Cloth

I buy a couple of extras every now and then and give them to customers and friends. I even gave a couple to my boss and our company president. I still have my customers, my friends, and my job so I guess they work.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post
    Thank you for all of the great ideas. The inside of the windows is what is giving me fits. I will try dedictated window cleaning towels. Thank you. Phil
    Interior glass can be affected by quite a few things. Organisms living in your A/C ducts could cause problems, too. It could be your vinyl, cloth, leather, etc. leaching vapors, it could be your own body perspiration causing humidity to increase. Once it clings it is nasty to remove.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Magic Eraser on the interior windshield with a lot of success, followed by a quality waffle weave with glass cleaner (I use Sprayway), then a dry wipe with a second waffle weave. But when I find streaks, it's always on the windshield or back window, and it's because getting to those is not easy. I'm a big guy, which makes it even tougher.

Larry at AMMONYC has a video about cleaning interior glass, and he shows a position for getting to interior windshield and rear glass that basically has you facing away from the glass and cleaning "backwards". I've been using that technique, and, although not perfect, has allowed me to do a much better job.

I also try to do my final wipes one way on the exterior and the opposite way on the interior, so I know which side if the glass isn't perfect.

Good luck to you.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It drove me crazy.... not anymore. This is what works for me, no more patches of haze or shoddy window cleanings.

No working in direct sunlight
    Windows can not be very warm to the touch
    Glass only white waffle weave cloths
    First Stoner invisible Glass Cleaner with 1 white glass cloth
    Next a wet glass cloth (ring it out/twist is first) followed by a 3rd dry one
    Turn the cloths frequently... 1 time across then flip it
    If exterior glass is stained heavily, etc., clay and use same compound/polish you used on paint.

9. Likes SWETM, Dano shine liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12